| Jul 22, 2013
| 8:36 PM
As White Sox slugger Paul Konerko leaned against the dugout after returning from a three-week layoff due to a lower back strain, the cerebral 37-year-old sipped a cup of hot tea.
Like so many people in baseball Monday, Konerko sought something soothing....
| May 6, 2013
| 8:19 AM
Talking baseball while wondering if LeBron James and his kingsmen are taking the Bulls seriously.
1. When the Cubs get around to trading Alfonso Soriano, it would be ideal to have a homegrown replacement ready. There are none in sight, however, as Brett...
| Jul 25, 2013
| 6:22 PM
Will the last baseball player in Chicago please turn off the lights?
Yes, Chris Sale, that means you.
Trade rumors remain as cheap as the talk is furious here in Seller City, where the next flip of the scoreboard will show the Cubs leading the White...
| Jul 29, 2013
| 4:56 PM
1. Tigers (4): Acquired closer Jose Veras from the Astros at a time Detroit hadn't had a blown save in 40 games. The bullpen has been much better since Joaquin Benoit took over as the closer.
2. Cardinals (1): They kicked the tires on Alexei Ramirez but...
| Jul 30, 2013
| 9:33 AM
Talking baseball while wishing the Bears luck in the Marc Trestman era:
1. It’s a little less than 28 hours until baseball’s deadline for non-waiver trades, and Chicago remains Seller City. The Cubs (five) and White Sox (two) have combined...
| Jul 31, 2013
| 4:06 PM
Can anybody out there hit?
That's the question that has been going around baseball all season and it was asked once again, this time loud and clear, as the non-waiver trading period ended with a thud Wednesday.
With Major League Baseball going to...
| Jul 26, 2013
| 6:35 PM
BIRMINGHAM, Ala. — The White Sox have had three primary first basemen over the last 23 years, with Wil Cordero as the bridge from Frank Thomas to Paul Konerko. But good things don't go on forever.
Konerko, 37, may retire when his contract...
| Aug 12, 2013
| 9:01 AM
Talking baseball while hoping Jay Cutler’s first pass was an outlier, not foreshadowing:
1. Jose Dariel Abreu is out of Cuba, and perhaps on his way to Chicago. He is an ideal fit for the White Sox’s attempt to re-tool and attempt to build...
| Aug 18, 2013
| 4:17 PM
The impending return of switch-hitter Wilson Betemit from the injury he suffered in spring training does not preclude the Orioles from adding a designated hitter within the next two weeks, according to the club’s top executive.
| Aug 21, 2013
| 8:22 AM
When did David Copperfield sign a deal with the Chicago White Sox?
During Tuesday's game against the Kansas City Royals, the White Sox had runners on first and third with no outs in the top of the second inning. Royals pitcher Ervin Santana...
| Aug 24, 2013
| 6:23 PM
Who doesn't like to window shop?
That's what I was doing Saturday at Wrigley Field, along with maybe 5,000 hard-core baseball fans and almost 200 scouts. We were watching Alex Jackson, Nick Gordon, Jacob Gatewood, Tyler Kolek and other baseball...