| Sep 4, 2013
| 8:38 AM
Talking baseball while wondering how many PGA Tour players will sneak into town to look at Conway Farms this week:
1. Where did the playoff race drama go? If anyone knows where we can find a time machine, we could turn this into one of the greatest...
| Jul 6, 2013
| 5:13 PM
Dodgers left-hander Clayton Kershaw will be making his third consecutive All-Star game appearance and Angels outfielder Mike Trout his second.
And rookie sensation Yasiel Puig of the Dodgers still has a chance of making his first.
Puig, who has played...
| Jul 8, 2013
| 11:08 PM
PHOENIX — Zack Greinke didn't throw at or taunt any of the Arizona Diamondbacks. He didn't have to.
Greinke was civil in exacting revenge against the team that threw at him last month, shutting down the Diamondbacks and leading the Dodgers to...
| Jun 25, 2013
| 9:25 PM
Adam LaRoche hit a three-run homer and Gio Gonzalez won for the first time since May 5 as the Nationals defeated the Diamondbacks 7-5 Tuesday night.
Jayson Werth added a double, RBI-single and two walks for Washington, which led 6-0 after five innings...
| Jun 26, 2013
| 8:16 PM
Jordan Zimmermann dominated after a shaky start and rookie Anthony Rendon had his third three-hit performance as the Washington Nationals defeated the Arizona Diamondbacks 3-2 on Wednesday night.
Zimmermann (11-3) gave up two runs in the first inning,...
| Apr 10, 2013
| 8:12 PM
PHOENIX (AP) — Since his days at Notre Dame ended and he turned pro, A.J. Pollock had rarely hit a home run and never two in a game.
He was a slugger on Wednesday, though, knocking two over the left-field wall off Jonathan Sanchez to...
| Mar 30, 2013
| 1:10 PM
1. Tigers: Forget the concern at closer. They were loaded last year, and they're a lot better with Victor Martinez, Torii Hunter and a full year of Anibal Sanchez.
2. Dodgers: Hanley Ramirez's injury could slow them out of the gate, but they're deep and...
| Aug 5, 2012
| 4:26 PM
The home run ball continued to be problematic for Cliff Lee. Lucky for him, his teammates bailed him out. Lee allowed three home runs Sunday against the Diamondbacks (giving him 18 for the season), and when he left in the......
| May 3, 2012
| 8:26 PM
Bryce Harper showed why his manager put him in the No. 3 spot for his fifth career game.
The 19-year-old phenom hit a tiebreaking RBI double in the sixth inning, lifting the Washington Nationals to a 2-1 victory over the Arizona Diamondbacks on...
| May 7, 2012
| 5:10 PM
Statistics through Sunday (last week's rank)
1. Rangers (1): Matt Harrison's new and improved sinker hasn't been sinking. Otherwise there's not much to be concerned about even though they've lost three consecutive series. This will be an interesting week...
| Jun 18, 2012
| 5:40 PM
Statistics through Sunday (last week's ranking)
1. Rangers (1): There have many issues, including a lack of production since early in the season from Michael Young and the highly regarded lineup, but a soft schedule has kept those issues from showing...