| Jun 22, 2013
| 1:07 PM
Ryne Sandberg sold his three-bedroom unit in a vintage building in downtown Chicago in March. He had listed it a year earlier, less than six months after Cubs President Theo Epstein handed Dale Sveum the job Sandberg always wanted when he was riding...
| Jun 21, 2013
| 6:21 AM
Taking a quick break from the Stanley Cup Final to vent about the Cubs and White Sox:
The Sox are a joke, but rookie General Manager Rick Hahn is doing nothing to stop the losing.
In fact, he’s doing nothing, period.
I think he got the idea...
| May 29, 2013
| 8:33 PM
The long-accepted theory around these parts is that Camden Yards morphs from a neutral park to a hitter's haven in late May to early June when the temperatures start heating up and the humidity thickens.
It was 86 degrees at first pitch Wednesday night,...
| Jul 3, 2013
| 9:04 PM
CHICAGO — When Scott Feldman walked into the Orioles' clubhouse U.S. Cellular Field on Wednesday, he saw several familiar faces from his days with the Texas Rangers, only in different uniforms.
And when Feldman made his Orioles debut later that...
| Jul 4, 2013
| 4:41 PM
CHICAGO — Here at U.S. Cellular Field — where fireworks are launched past center field after every home run the White Sox hit — the Fourth of July celebration on Chicago's South Side occurred at the most inopportune time for the...
| Jun 24, 2013
| 5:14 PM
Last week's ranking in parentheses.
1. Cardinals (1): Swept by the Rangers as powerful lineup produces only 26 runs during an eight-game lull. They nevertheless continue to lead the majors in runs in June.
2. Rangers (7): Seven strong innings by...
| May 6, 2013
| 2:46 PM
Jordan Danks atoned for a baserunning blunder in the ninth inning by hitting a solo home run in the 11th that lifted the Chicago White Sox over the Kansas City Royals 2-1 Monday.
Danks connected with two outs off Kelvin Herrera (2-3) for his first...
| Apr 23, 2013
| 8:10 AM
Talking baseball while praising Kirk Hinrich’s grit:
1. There are lots of good deals on Chicago condos. A forward-thinking baseball organization might buy, not merely rent hotel space, this summer.
Scouts will be camping out on both sides of...
| Apr 24, 2013
| 7:00 AM
Talking baseball while wondering if Tom Thibodeau can make Deron Williams’ homecoming unpleasant:
1. When Robin Ventura introduced it in spring training, I loved the White Sox’s realigned batting order, with the 3-4-5 combination of Alex...
| Mar 30, 2013
| 1:10 PM
Chicago baseball returns Monday with a basis to be genuinely excited about possibilities of the future, but enough about Rosemont.
As for citywide interest in the Cubs and Sox, the list of reasons to drop everything and pay attention is here somewhere...
| Apr 1, 2013
| 6:12 AM
Talking baseball while congratulating the Louisville Cardinals for winning one for their horribly injured teammate, Kevin Ware.
1. Growing up in Puerto Rico, Alex Rios idolized Juan Gonzalez. If the White Sox are going to contend this season, they need...