| Jul 3, 2013
| 6:33 AM
Yesterday was a busy day in Birdland, and despite the Orioles’ 5-2 loss to the White Sox here in Chicago, Baltimore fans had to be happy with the progress made Tuesday.
Acquiring veteran right-hander Scott Feldman from the Cubs – along...
| Jun 22, 2013
| 1:07 PM
Ryne Sandberg sold his three-bedroom unit in a vintage building in downtown Chicago in March. He had listed it a year earlier, less than six months after Cubs President Theo Epstein handed Dale Sveum the job Sandberg always wanted when he was riding...
| Jun 21, 2013
| 6:21 AM
Taking a quick break from the Stanley Cup Final to vent about the Cubs and White Sox:
The Sox are a joke, but rookie General Manager Rick Hahn is doing nothing to stop the losing.
In fact, he’s doing nothing, period.
I think he got the idea...
| Jul 3, 2013
| 9:04 PM
CHICAGO — When Scott Feldman walked into the Orioles' clubhouse U.S. Cellular Field on Wednesday, he saw several familiar faces from his days with the Texas Rangers, only in different uniforms.
And when Feldman made his Orioles debut later that...
| Jul 4, 2013
| 4:41 PM
CHICAGO — Here at U.S. Cellular Field — where fireworks are launched past center field after every home run the White Sox hit — the Fourth of July celebration on Chicago's South Side occurred at the most inopportune time for the...
| Jun 24, 2013
| 5:14 PM
Last week's ranking in parentheses.
1. Cardinals (1): Swept by the Rangers as powerful lineup produces only 26 runs during an eight-game lull. They nevertheless continue to lead the majors in runs in June.
2. Rangers (7): Seven strong innings by...
| Jun 20, 2013
| 11:12 AM
OK, enough with the overtime games.
I've complained about this to no end, but now I really mean it. I've aged, like, five years in the past week. And please, I wasn't young to begin with. I went from, you know, a touch of salt and pepper, to something a...
| Mar 31, 2013
| 9:23 PM
It's April Fool's Day, but there's no foolin' around in Vegas where sports wagering is at a feverish pitch with the start of baseball season and the NCAA tournament now down to its Final Four. Vegas likes Michigan, slightly, over Syracuse and Louisville...
| Jun 3, 2013
| 4:45 PM
1. Cardinals (1): Albert Pujols just keeps giving. Michael Wacha, who was selected with a compensation pick for losing Pujols, held the Royals to two hits over seven innings in an impressive debut.
2. Rangers (3): After 10 games, Jurickson Profar...
| May 27, 2013
| 9:37 PM
Where have you gone, Carlos Zambrano?
You too, Milton Bradley?
On a night when the city was glued to a hockey game in Detroit, the 17th edition of the City Series began with thousands of empty seats at U.S. Cellular Field, each reflecting Chicago's...
| May 6, 2013
| 8:19 AM
Talking baseball while wondering if LeBron James and his kingsmen are taking the Bulls seriously.
1. When the Cubs get around to trading Alfonso Soriano, it would be ideal to have a homegrown replacement ready. There are none in sight, however, as Brett...