U.S. Cash Soymeal-Truck market offers flat; rail market steady/weak
Dec 5 (Reuters) - Spot basis offers for U.S. soymeal held
steady at truck market locations around the Midwest on Thursday
* Domestic demand remained thin, with cash prices of more
than $450 dollars per ton keeping buyers on the sidelines.
* A Minnesota broker said most livestock and poultry
producers would keep purchases light until cash prices fell
below $400 per ton.
* Dealers continued to roll their basis offers to the
Chicago Board of Trade January soymeal contract from the
December contract, which expires on Dec. 13.
* The U.S. Agriculture Department on Thursday morning said
export sales of soymeal were 120,400 tonnes in the latest
reporting week. Analysts were expecting soymeal export sales in
range from 250,000 to 300,000 tonnes.
* On the export market, a trader said that buyers were
showing interest in booking shipments for December and January
but were finding few offers from sellers due to tight capacity