U.S. Cash Grains-Corn bids steady to mixed on slow sales
Dec 18 (Reuters) - Corn spot basis bids were steady to
narrowly mixed around the U.S. Midwest early on Wednesday as
* A corn bid improved at a large processor in Cedar Rapids,
Iowa, but eased on the Illinois River.
* Corn bids were mixed at ethanol plants in Illinois,
Indiana and Iowa. The grain bids rose by 2 cents per bushel in
Indiana, fell by the same amount in Iowa, but were unchanged in
* Soybean spot basis bids were steady to lower as demand
eased at processors in Iowa.
* A soybean bid was lower as the amount of available
supplies started to surpass immediate crushing needs at an Iowa
processor, a dealer said.
* A soybean spot bid was also weaker at a Toledo, Ohio
location on slowed seasonal movement, a dealer said.
* Farmers have sold a larger portion of their soybean
harvest than their corn supplies so far this year.