I use marcona almonds produced in a specific region of Spain because they are rich and aromatic.
• 6 slices white bread, crusts removed
• 1 cup unsalted blanched almonds plus 2 tablespoons chopped almonds, for garnish
• 2 cups whole green seedless grapes plus 1 / 4 cup sliced green grapes, for garnish
• 1 cup peeled, seeded and chopped cucumbers
• 2 cloves garlic
• 1 cup fat-free plain yogurt
• 1 / 4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
• 1 / 4 cup sherry vinegar
• Salt and fresh-ground black pepper, to taste
Soak the white bread in water to cover 5 minutes. Drain.
Place whole almonds, whole grapes, cucumbers, garlic and soaked bread in a food processor fitted with the metal blade or a blender. Process or puree until combined. Add the yogurt, 1 cup water, oil, vinegar, salt and pepper and continue to blend or process until smooth and creamy.
Chill at least 30 minutes before
serving. Garnish with chopped almonds and sliced grapes. Makes 8 servings.
Per serving: 248 calories, 64 percent calories from fat, 13 grams total fat, 4 grams saturated fat, 96 milligrams cholesterol, 49 grams carbohydrates, 2 grams total fiber, 10 grams total sugars, 16 grams net carbs, 7 grams protein, 80 milligrams sodium.