“MONSTER JAM” SWEEPSTAKES
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
The Monster Jam Sweepstakes (“Sweepstakes”) starts at 9:00 a.m. (ET) on July 27, 2012 and ends at 8:59 a.m. (ET) on August 8, 2012 (“Sweepstakes Period”). This Sweepstakes will be subject to these Official Rules, and by entering, each entrant agrees to abide and be bound by these rules and the decisions of the judges and Sponsors.
1) Eligibility: This Sweepstakes is open to legal U.S. residents residing in Florida counties of Miami-Dade, Broward, Monroe or Palm Beach who are 18 years and older as of the first day of the Sweepstakes Period. Employees (and their immediate family members (defined as spouse, parents, siblings or children) or household members (whether or not related)) of Sun-Sentinel Company and WSFL (“Sponsors”) of Feld Motor Sports, Inc. and of their parent companies, affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising agencies, prize providers, promotion contractors and/or public relations companies associated with this Sweepstakes, are not eligible to participate. Members of any household that has been awarded a prize by the Sun Sentinel, Sunsentinel.com or SFL-TV in the last six months is ineligible. A potential winner may be requested to provide proof that all eligibility requirements are met as well as proof of ownership of the email address associated with the winning entry. Void where prohibited and outside above-listed counties. This Sweepstakes will be governed and enforced pursuant to Florida law, excluding choice of law provisions.
2) How to Enter: You may enter through the watch-and-win portion of the Sweepstakes and through the Sports Text Alert method. Each method offers an alternate, non-text method of entry.
a) Watch and Win Method: Watch The Simpsons on SFL-TV weeknights 6-7 pm from July 30, 2012 to August 3, 2012. There are two episodes of The Simpsons per night. A different keyword (the “Keyword”) will be displayed during each episode. When you see the Keyword displayed, enter in one of the two methods described below. To enter via text, use the text messaging feature on your cellular telephone, send a text message to 23539 with the Keyword in the body of the message. Only entries to the designated number and containing the correct Keyword be eligible. To enter online, log onto Facebook.com/SFCW and follow the Monster Jam Sweepstakes link(s) until reaching the entry page. Complete the entire entry form, including the correct Keyword, your name, age, valid email address, telephone or mobile phone number. One entry per person per Keyword display, irrespective of method of entry (text or online); subsequent entries originating from the same person or the same a unique 10-digit cell phone (in the case of text-message entries) or from a single email address (in the case of On-Line Entries) will be disqualified. All Keyword entries (whether online or via text) must be received by 8:59 am the next business day after the episode in which the Keyword is displayed
b) Sports Text Alert Method: You may also enter by signing up for the Sun Sentinel’s Sports Text Alerts (no more than 10 per week) during the Sweepstakes Period. To sign up for Sports Text Alerts, visit SunSentinel.com/JAM or text SPORTS to 23539. All Sun Sentinel text alert subscribers who subscribed to sports text alerts prior to July 27, 2012 are automatically entered to win. To enter without sending a text message or subscribing to spots text alerts, visit http://www.vibescm.com/amoe/show/9878 and accurately complete the on-line entry form. Each entrant may enter the Sweepstakes a maximum of one time through this method, regardless of whether the entry is via text or online.
c) Conditions Applicable to All Entries: Those entrants who choose to enter the Sweepstakes through the transmittal of a text message must have a text messaging two-way capable handset and digital service. Entrants will be sent a text message to confirm or reject entry into the Sweepstakes. By participating via text, entrants will be charged standard rates for text messages sent and received from their handset according to the terms and conditions in their wireless calling plans. Other carrier charges may apply; check with your carrier to determine pricing plan and other charges. Text messaging and wireless service are not available in all areas; check with your carrier for availability. Sponsors are not responsible for any fees associated with messaging. Text STOP to stop receiving messages. You may receive subsequent messages clarifying or confirming your opt-out request. Text HELP for help. If any dispute arises as to identity of a text message entrant, the entrant shall be considered the authorized account holder by the cellular provider. “Authorized Account Holder” is defined as the natural person who is assigned a number by the cellular provider or as shown on the cellular provider’s records or the natural person authorized to use the number by an entity that is shown on cellular provider’s records for that number. If there is a dispute regarding the identity of an online entrant, the holder of the email account will be deemed the person who submitted the entry. All entries must be received during the Sweepstakes Period. Online entrants must provide all information requested on the registration form, and your contact information must be accurate. Online entries containing attachments, generated by a script, macro or other automated means shall be disqualified. Online entrants must use their own name. Copies or other mechanical reproductions, facsimiles, entries containing technical or electronic reproductions, entries containing attached files are not eligible and will be rejected. Incomplete entries will be disqualified. All entries must be received by the close of the Sweepstakes Period. The computer clock of Sponsors’ webmaster is the official timekeeping device of the Sweepstakes. Any attempt by any entrant to obtain more than the stated number of entries using multiple/different email addresses, identities, registrations and logins, or any other methods will void such entries and that entrant may be disqualified. Sponsors are not responsible for entries that are lost, late, deleted, garbled, corrupted, misdelivered, or misdirected. Sponsors are not responsible for unavailability of phone lines or connections, cellular phone service, or any other technical malfunctions of inability to transmit messages or entries. Sponsors not responsible for electronic communications that are undeliverable as a result of any form of active or passive filtering of any kind. The use of automated or third party software or web site to register and/or play is prohibited. By entering, you are providing your information to Sponsors and not to Facebook. All received entries become the property of the Sponsors and will not be returned.
3) Winners and Notification: On or about August 8, 2012 Sponsors will select potential winners in a random drawing from among all eligible entries. Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries. Sponsors will make all final decisions in any and all issues related to this Sweepstakes, and their decisions will be final and binding in all respects. Sponsors will attempt to contact potential winners by telephone or email. A winner will be disqualified and an alternate winner may be selected by random drawing from among all remaining entries if: (a) a winner does not claim his or her prize within 72 hours of the first notification attempt; (b) a winner does not fulfill the eligibility requirements; (c) a winner does not adhere to the Official Rules; and/or (d) if the prize notification is returned as undeliverable, refused, or declined. Sponsors will do no more than one additional drawing for alternates.
4) Prizes and Delivery: One Grand Prize: Grand Prize consists of 10 suite tickets and 10 pit passes to Monster Jam at 2 pm on August 18, 2012, at the BankAtlantic Center in Sunrise. Approximate retail value (“ARV”): $1,160. Six First Prizes: Each First Prize consists of four tickets and four pit passes to Monster Jam at 2 pm on August 18, 2012 at the BankAtlantic Center. ARV of each: $128. Total ARV of all prizes: $1,928.
Each winner is solely responsible for any applicable federal, state and local taxes in connection with winner’s prize. Prize substitutions are not allowed, and prizes are not transferable. Only Sponsors may elect, at their discretion, to substitute a prize of greater or equal value due to lack of availability for any given reason. Prizes are awarded “as is” with no warranty or guarantee, either express or implied by Sponsors, including but not limited to, the quality, merchantability, habitability, mechanical condition, or fitness of the prize items. All expenses not specifically provided for herein are the responsibility of the prize winner. All properly claimed prizes will be awarded, but in no event will Sponsors award more prizes than are provided for in these Official Rules. Winners must pick up prizes during regular business hours (9 a.m. to 5 p.m.) at the SFL-TV/Sun Sentinel offices at 500 E. Broward Blvd., Ft. Lauderdale, FL 33394. Sponsors not responsible for loss, delay or damage in delivery.
5) Other Conditions: Winners may be required to sign and return an Affidavit of Eligibility and Release as well as certain tax documents, and, if so, any required documentation must be signed and returned to Sponsors prior to receipt of prize. Failure to return such documentation will result in that winner being disqualified, and Sponsors may randomly draw another winner from among all remaining eligible entries.