Boystown shopping stroll
Shop Broadway's boutiques for hats, comics, bikes and more
The East Lakeview location of Threadless releases limited-edition graphic T-shirts a few days before they're available on its web site. (Courtesy of Threadless / June 15, 2012)
1. First up, Johnny Sprockets (3001 N. Broadway 773-244-1079) has everything you need for a ride along the lakefront, from bikes to helmets and messenger bags.
2. Graphic tee junkies will drool over the packed shelves at Threadless (3011 N. Broadway 773-525-8640), which stocks a new batch of the online design collective’s T-shirt designs on a weekly basis a few days before they’re released on the Web.
3. For a peek at comic books of all kinds, take a spin through Graham Crackers Comics (3162 N. Broadway 773-665-2010).
4. Stop in stylish hat shop Goorin Bros. (3243 N. Broadway 773-348-4287) to browse beach-worthy, wide-brimmed sun hats and fabric-trimmed fedoras.
5. Next, make a stop at stationery shop He Who Eats Mud (3247 N. Broadway 773-525-0616) to stockpile cute cards for future birthdays.
6. Up the block, Cram Fashion (3331 N. Broadway 773-477-1737) carries clothing for ladies and gents ranging from Diesel denim to Pan-Am carrier bags.
7. Finally, doting pet owners shouldn’t pass up Wigglyville (3337 N. Broadway 773-528-3337), which carries everything you could want for your cat or dog (or “furry kids” as the owners here like to say), from leashes to toys to treats.