| Dec 9, 2013
| 4:38 AM
LONDON (Reuters) - The euro hit a six-week high against the dollar and a five-year peak versus the yen on Monday, helped by tighter money market conditions in the euro zone, which offset weak data from the region.
| Dec 8, 2013
| 2:23 PM
* Asian markets look well placed in wake of Wall St gains
* Japanese shares seen up as yen hits 5-year trough on euro
* Robust China trade data a promising sign for global growth
By Wayne Cole
SYDNEY, Dec 9 (Reuters) - Asian markets were poised to...
| Dec 6, 2013
| 6:41 AM
TOKYO (Reuters) - Japan enacted a state-secrets law toughening penalties for leaks on Friday, despite public protests and criticism that it will muzzle the media and help cover up official misdeeds.
Prime Minister Shinzo Abe, keen to beef up Japan's...
| Dec 5, 2013
| 6:12 PM
* Market cautious before U.S. payroll report
* Index-heavy weights up on hopes Nikkei will rise mid-term
- fund manager
* Volatile currency market keeps investors on edge - analyst
By Ayai Tomisawa
TOKYO, Dec 6 (Reuters) - Japanese stocks got some...
| Dec 5, 2013
| 2:20 AM
By Linda Sieg and Elaine Lies
TOKYO, Dec 5 (Reuters) - A Japanese state secrets bill
toughening penalties for leaks came a step closer to becoming
law on Thursday when ruling parties forced it through a
parliamentary panel amid protests it will muzzle...