| Mar 11, 2014
| 4:02 AM
JERUSALEM (Reuters) - Israel approved a change to electoral law on Tuesday that raises the percentage of votes needed for seats in parliament, an amendment that critics said targets Arab and ultra-Orthodox Jewish minorities.
| Feb 11, 2014
| 8:45 AM
* Hadassah has treated Jews and Arabs for a century
* Bloated salaries and staffing levels blamed for debt
* Medical centre's staff on strike for past week
By Steven Scheer
JERUSALEM, Feb 11 (Reuters) - Israel's top Hadassah
hospitals centre won...
| Jan 27, 2014
| 4:06 PM
JERUSALEM — It isn't easy to offend both Palestinians and right-wing Israelis at the same time, but Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu managed to do it, leaving a trail of consternation and confusion — and possibly putting another...
| Feb 7, 2014
| 5:45 AM
* Kerry has faced Israeli criticism over U.S. peace push
* Lieberman urges more diplomatic handling of U.S. ally
* Says coalition government to remain intact
* Minister's backing may help build consensus
By Dan Williams
JERUSALEM, Feb 7 (Reuters) -...
| Jan 11, 2014
| 5:13 AM
JERUSALEM — Former Israeli Prime Minister Ariel Sharon, the iron-willed army general who fought in nearly all of his nation's major wars and spearheaded Jewish settlement of Palestinian territories, then years later presided over Israel's withdrawal...