Submit notices via email:
email@example.com; fax: 410-332-6336; or mail: Baltimore Messenger, 501 N. Calvert St., Third Floor, Baltimore, MD 21278. Include sponsor or host, date, time, address of event, contact name and phone number. Deadline is noon the Thursday before publication.
Arts and Museums
• Drop-in Art Activities: Kid Geniuses. To investigate the connections between science and art, every Saturday and Sunday in October, 10 a.m.–3 p.m. Free.
• Exhibition — Puzzles of the Brain: An Artist's Journey through Amnesia. Runs through Dec. 11.
• Lost and Found: Opening Day Talk by Curator Will Noel to share the story of the Archimedes Palimpsest, Oct. 16, 2–3:30 p.m. Free. Exhibit runs until Jan. 1.
• Family Festival of Discovery celebrates connections between art, science, math and play, Oct. 22, 1 a.m.-4 p.m. Create inventions and make experimental art.
• Drawing Classes: Movement, Gesture and Composition, Graham Auditorium, Sundays, Oct. 23, 30 and Nov. 6. $150, members $75. Registration required.
• Theodore L. Low Lecture, Art History & Neuroscience: The Challenge for the Humanities, Oct. 30, 2–3 p.m., pre-talk concert 12:30 p.m. Free.
• The Alash Ensemble: Tuvan Xöömeizhi performing the ancient tradition of throat singing (xöömei in Tuvan) that was developed among nomadic herding people, Oct. 30, 12:30–2 p.m. Free.
The Baltimore Museum of Art — 10 Art Museum Drive. 443-573-1870 or artbma.org. General admission is free.
• Drop-In Art Activities, Family Art Center, every Saturday and Sunday, 10 a.m.-3 p.m.
• Free Family Sundays, Workshops: 2–5 p.m. Tours: 2–2:45 p.m. last Sundays.
• Hand Held: Personal Arts from Africa, includes a variety of seats, vessels, blankets, combs, hats, and other objects created for individuals and households in 21 African countries. On view through Feb. 5, 2012.
• Print by Print: Series from Dürer to Lichtenstein, an exhibition of prints by American and European artists from the late 15th through the 21st centuries, including Canaletto, Marcel Duchamp, Pablo Picasso and Ed Ruscha. On view Oct. 30 through March 25, 2012.
Collaborations Exhibit — at Notre Dame College, 4701 N. Charles St., Fourier Hall, Gormley Gallery. Works by clients at Penn Mar Human Services, in Freeland, and students at Notre Dame. Runs Oct. 24-Dec. 2, with opening reception Oct. 29, 4-6 p.m., and a gallery talk, Nov. 30, noon-1 p.m. Free. 410-435-0100 or ndm.edu/gormleygallery.
Julio Fine Arts Gallery at Loyola University — will feature "Raíces y Influencias," an exhibition of paintings, drawings, and carvings by Baltimore artists Tom Hyatt and René Treviño. Runs until Oct. 13. 410-617-1334, http://www.loyola.edu/gallery Kay Hwang, firstname.lastname@example.org.
School 33 Art Center — 1427 Light St. presents the following. Open Wednesdays through Saturdays, noon-6 p.m. 443-263-4350 or http://www.school33.org.
• Members' Gallery Exhibition: Jonathan Latiano through Oct. 29.