Submit notices via email:
email@example.com; fax: 410-332-6336; or mail: Baltimore Messenger, 501 N. Calvert St., Third Floor, Baltimore, MD 21278. Include sponsor or host, date, time, address of event, contact name and phone number. Deadline is noon the Thursday before publication.
Arts and Museums
• Drop-in Art Activities: Kid Geniuses. To investigate the connections between science and art, every Saturday and Sunday in October, 10 a.m.–3 p.m. Free.
• Exhibition — Puzzles of the Brain: An Artist's Journey through Amnesia. Runs through Dec. 11.
• Lost and Found: Opening Day Talk by Curator Will Noel to share the story of the Archimedes Palimpsest, Oct. 16, 2–3:30 p.m. Free. Exhibit runs until Jan. 1.
• Peabody on the Court concert features Caleb Johnson in a classical solo viola performance, Oct. 7, noon–1 p.m. Free.
• Intercambio: Artful Language Exchange. Sharpen your Spanish or English skills while having stimulating conversations about art and artists, Oct. 9, 3–4:30 p.m. Free.
The Baltimore Museum of Art — 10 Art Museum Drive. 443-573-1870 or artbma.org. General admission is free.
• Drop-In Art Activities, Family Art Center, every Saturday and Sunday, 10 a.m.-3 p.m.
• Free Family Sundays, Workshops: 2–5 p.m. Tours: 2–2:45 p.m. the last Sunday of the month.
• Hand Held: Personal Arts from Africa, on view through Feb. 5, 2012, includes a variety of seats, vessels, blankets, combs, hats, and other objects created for individuals and households in 21 African countries.
• Print by Print: Series from Dürer to Lichtenstein, an exhibition of more than 350 prints by American and European artists working in series from the late 15th through the 21st centuries, including Canaletto, Marcel Duchamp, Pablo Picasso, and Ed Ruscha. On view Oct. 30 through March 25, 2012.
Gormley Gallery at Notre Dame College — 4701 N. Charles St., Fourier Hall 410-435-0100 or ndm.edu/gormleygallery.
• "Collaborations" highlights work by clients at Penn Mar Human Services, in Freeland, and students at Notre Dame. Runs Oct. 24-Dec. 2, with opening reception Oct. 29, 4-6 p.m., and a gallery talk, Nov. 30, noon-1 p.m. Free.
Julio Fine Arts Gallery at Loyola University — will feature "Raíces y Influencias" ("Roots and Influences"), an exhibition of paintings, drawings, and carvings by Baltimore artists Tom Hyatt and René Treviño. Runs until Oct. 13. 410-617-1334, http://www.loyola.edu/gallery Kay Hwang, firstname.lastname@example.org.
School 33 Art Center — 1427 Light St. presents the following. Open Wednesdays through Saturdays, noon-6 p.m. 443-263-4350 or http://www.school33.org.
• Members' Gallery Exhibition: Jonathan Latiano through Oct. 29.
• The End of an Era, presented by BHBITB through Oct. 29.