The Florida Gators picked up their 14th commitment of the 2012 recruiting class with the pledge of Boiling Spring (N.C.) Crest High safety Rhaheim Ledbetter.
Ledbetter, the cousin of former Florida all-american Brandon Spikes, confirmed in a message that he is indeed committed, and also posted on his Facebook account, "IM OFFICIALLY A FLORIDA GATOR..THANK FOR EVERYTHING AND IM JUST SHOCKED.FAMILY FRIENDS FANS LOVE ALL OF YALL.THANKS."
The 5-foot-11, 190-pound Ledbetter is the 25th-ranked safety in the country by Rivals.com. He picked the Gators over South Carolina and also had offers from North Carolina, NC State, Auburn and Clemson.
- Pictures: Florida Gators 2014 football media day
- A closer look at UF's 2014 football schedule
- UF evaluation: Keys to the Gators season
- Photo gallery: UF coach Will Muschamp speaks to Orlando Gator Club
- Photos: 2014 Florida Gators recruiting class
- Pictures: 2013 Florida Gators fans, band and cheerleaders
Ledbetter is a teammate of highly touted defensive end Jonathan Bullard, who has nearly 20 offers, including UF and Miami. The 6-4, 255-pound Bullard does not seem to be leaning in any direction right now, but he and Ledbetter have entertained thoughts of playing together.
Ledbetter said he is solid and that he did not plan to take any more visits, according to Derek Tyson of GatorCountry.com, "“No sir, I’m 100 percent Gator."Chris Hays is the Sentinel's recruiting coverage coordinator and can be reached at email@example.com.