| Apr 12, 2012
| 1:15 PM
An Indianapolis mother is concerned after learning her son has lead poisoning, likely from the contaminated rental home they had been staying in.
According to documents from the Marion County Health Department, the home Amanda Melton is now renting...
| Oct 4, 2012
| 5:48 PM
Fewer children were poisoned by lead-based paint in 2011 than in any year since Maryland began tracking cases nearly two decades ago, prompting the state to expand its focus to newer rental properties and owner-occupied homes.
A survey released...
| Oct 23, 2012
| 12:14 PM
During this election cycle, it is increasingly popular in some circles to condemn government as wasteful, inefficient and incompetent. While there are thousands of federal, state and local government programs, each with its own index of success or...
| May 16, 2012
| 6:19 PM
The number of young children deemed at risk of lead poisoning in Maryland and nationwide expanded drastically Wednesday as a federal health agency declared it would effectively cut in half its threshold for diagnosing the environmental illness....
| May 16, 2012
| 11:32 AM
ATLANTA (AP) — For the first time in 20 years, U.S. health officials have lowered the threshold for lead poisoning in young children.
The new standard announced Wednesday means that hundreds of thousands more youngsters could be diagnosed with high...
| May 17, 2012
| 4:02 AM
Today's forecast calls for sunny and breezy conditions, with a high temperature near 75 degrees. Tonight is expected to be clear, with a low temperature around 54 degrees.
Check our traffic updates for this morning's issues as you...
| May 20, 2012
The reports that the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention cut its threshold for lead poisoning from 10 micrograms per deciliter to 5 micrograms were something of a simplification. What the CDC said, after years of study and discussion, was that no...
| May 24, 2012
| 1:08 PM
In April, Fox59 introduced you to a concerned mother whose son had lead poisoning, possibly from their lead-contaminated rental home.
Fox 59 wanted to know why the tenants were not told about the lead hazards before signing the lease and why people were...
| Nov 2, 2012
| 4:08 PM
Even if you don’t have blatantly poisoning items lying around your house, that doesn’t mean that your house is poison-free. In fact, poisonings may be more frequent that you would imagine on first thought. In 2010, there were 2,582...
| Aug 26, 2012
Thirteen-year-old Stephanie Cota pulled up her sleeve and glanced at the needle.
"Is it gonna hurt?" she asked.
"You'll feel it, but you look like a strong girl," said Yadira Guerra, a licensed vocational nurse. "Just turn the other way."
| Aug 29, 2012
| 5:05 AM
Baltimore's former health commissioner has come out with a way that just might get regular people to care about public policy -- he mixes in a heavy dose of "The Wire."
Dr. Peter Beilenson, who's now Howard County's chief health officer has written a...