Dear Marianne: It doesn't get much better than a great pecan pie, and this is one of the better ones I've had. Rib City Grill was happy to share its recipe with us, which we've adapted below.
Rib City Grill's pecan pie
Total time: 1½ hours, plus cooling time
Note: Adapted from Rib City Grill. This recipe makes a 10-inch pie; 10-inch pie tins and dishes are available at cooking and baking supply stores, as well as some gourmet markets, and are widely available online.
1/3 cup (2.7 ounces) butter, softened
3/4 cup (5 ounces) sugar
1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons (5 ounces) dark corn syrup
1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons (5 ounces) light corn syrup
1/8 teaspoon salt
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
4 eggs, beaten
2 1/2 cups (10 ounces) chopped pecans
1 (10-inch) prepared unbaked pie shell
1. Heat the oven to 350 degrees.
2. In the bowl of a stand mixer using the paddle attachment, or in a large mixing bowl using a hand mixer, beat together the butter and sugar until fully combined, about 1½ minutes.
3. Scrape down the sides of the bowl, then beat in the dark and light corn syrup. Beat in the salt and vanilla. Scrape down the sides of the bowl to make sure everything is evenly combined.
4. With the mixer running over low speed, slowly pour in the beaten eggs. Beat the ingredients well, making sure the beaten eggs are fully incorporated into the mix.
5. Fold the chopped pecans into the batter using a spatula.
6. Place the prepared pie shell onto a foil-lined rimmed baking sheet. Pour the mixture into the pie shell, and place the baking sheet in the oven.
7. Bake the pie until the custard filling is puffed and set (it should jiggle only very slightly when tapped) and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, 50 to 60 minutes. Line the outer crust with foil if it browns too quickly before the custard is set.
8. Cool the pie on a rack for at least 2 hours before slicing and serving.
Each serving: 692 calories; 8 grams protein; 77 grams carbohydrates; 4 grams fiber; 43 grams fat; 10 grams saturated fat; 113 mg cholesterol; 34 grams sugar; 240 mg sodium.