Recipe: Cinnamon ice cream
(Ricardo DeAratanha / Los Angeles Times)
- What's hot: 139 of the latest recipes from the L.A. Times Test Kitchen
- Browse more than a thousand recipes from the L.A. Times test kitchen
- Opening the vault: Our best recipes
- 26 years of our best recipes
- 155 recipes for your favorite restaurant dishes
- 127 wine picks by S. Irene Virbila
See more photos »
- Chemical Industry
- Organic Chemical Industry
See more topics »
Cinnamon ice cream
1 cup milk
1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
1 cup half and half
2 cups whipping cream
1/2 cup plus 1 tablespoon sugar
In bowl combine milk and cinnamon. Stir to thoroughly distribute cinnamon. Add half and half, cream and sugar. Stir well to thoroughly dissolve sugar.
Freeze according to manufacturer's instructions. Then pack into glass or metal dish and freeze at least 1 hour. Makes 1 quart, or 8 servings.
Each serving contains about: 316 calories; 50 mg sodium; 96 mg cholesterol; 26 grams fat; 19 grams carbohydrates; 3 grams protein; trace fiber.