Active Work Time: 25 minutes * Total Preparation Time: 1 hour
2 cups (4 sticks) butter, ice cold and cut into 1/2-inch pieces
2 cups powdered sugar
3 egg yolks
1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
4 3/4 cups flour
* Beat butter and powdered sugar on medium speed in electric mixer fitted with paddle attachment 5 minutes. Scrape down sides of bowl.
* Add yolks 1 at a time with mixer on low speed. Add cream and mix at medium speed 1 minute. Turn off mixer and add flour. Mix on low speed until combined. Do not over mix.
* Divide dough in half, wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate 1 hour.
BROWN SUGAR FILLING
1 1/2 cups light brown sugar, packed
1/3 cup flour
1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
* Combine brown sugar, flour and cinnamon in bowl and stir until there are no lumps. Set aside.
1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter, plus extra for greasing tart shells
Flour for dusting tart shells
2 1/4 cups heavy whipping cream
3 to 5 Asian pears, cored and cut into 1/4-inch-thick slices
* Butter and flour 12 (4 1/2-inch) or 2 (10-inch) tart shells. Remove 1 piece of Sweet Dough from refrigerator and roll out 1/4 inch thick. If making individual tarts, cut dough into 6-inch rounds. Line tart shells with dough, trimming any excess dough even with edge of tart shell. Repeat with remaining piece of dough.
* Fill each tart shell half way with Brown Sugar Filling. For individual tarts, dot each with 1 teaspoon butter in pieces and spoon on 3 tablespoons cream. Arrange 1/4 to 1/2 Asian pear, depending on size of fruit, on each tart. Bake at 325 degrees until golden brown, about 35 minutes.
* For 10-inch tarts, dot each with 2 tablespoons butter in pieces and spoon on 9 tablespoons cream. Arrange Asian pear slices on each tart. Bake at 325 degrees until golden brown, 45 to 50 minutes.