Ice Cube wants the world to know he's not a sore loser.

After coming under fire for complaining that he and "Ride Along" costar Kevin Hart were "robbed" at the MTV Movie Awards, losing best onscreen duo to the late Paul Walker and his "Fast & Furious 6" costar Vin Diesel, the rapper-actor backed off his comments in a series of tweets.

"I wasn't really mad we didn't win," Cube wrote on Twitter. "So I would never diss the actors who won. Not even Paul Walker. Seriously people!"

PHOTOS: MTV Movie Awards show highlights | Red carpet arrivals

The kerfuffle began when Cube told USA Today that he and Hart "had the best chemistry of everybody nominated, for us not to win was crazy." He also said Diesel's and Walker's winning of the award was the result of a "sympathy" vote by fans, after Walker died in a car crash over last Thanksgiving weekend.

(The Movie Awards also featured a separate tribute to Walker's life and career.)

Unsurprisingly, Cube's comments sparked outrage on social media, prompting him to engage in some damage control. He also tweeted, "Re: The sympathy vote: We should honor people before they die. That's all. Shame on you 'make something out of nothing' ... reporters."

The incident recalls fellow rapper Drake's tantrum earlier this year over being bumped from the cover of Rolling Stone by the late Philip Seymour Hoffman, and his subsequent mea culpa.

In the meantime, Walker will next be seen on screen in one of his final films, "Brick Mansions," opening April 25.

ALSO:

'Gone Girl' trailer: Ben Affleck professes his innocence

McChrystal film 'The Operators' coming via David Michod, Brad Pitt

David Fincher reportedly off Steve Jobs film: Who could replace him? [poll]

Twitter: @ogettell