(WICHITA, Kan.)—Chocolate Dipped Strawberries
Makes about 48 dipped strawberries
2 teaspoons vanilla extract (alcohol free)
3/8 cup evaporated cane juice (powdered in a coffee grinder)
1/8 teaspoon salt
1/8 cup agave nectar
48 medium sized strawberries with leaves, washed and towel dried
1. In a high-powered blender, blend the melted cacao butter, vanilla extract, evaporated cane
juice and salt until all ingredients are completely emulsified and the mixture is warm.
2. Add half the cacao powder and process until well combined.
3. Add the agave and blend again, then add the rest of the cacao powder and continue to
blend, using a spatula to facilitate blending as necessary.
4. Put the mixture into a bowl and dip fresh strawberries into the chocolate.
5. Place the dipped fruit on a non-stick sheet and chill to firm before serving (about 30
minutes). Do not freeze the strawberries, as they will become mushy!
6. These will keep for about 2 days in a covered container in the refrigerator.
To melt cacao butter: Place it in a bowl inside of a bowl of hot water until it becomes liquid.