On Monday, May 16, 2011, the festivities for the Amgen Tour of California will begin at 10 a.m. followed by a community ride starting at 1:15 p.m. The racers will likely enter the downtown circuit at approximately 3:15 p.m.
Traffic and parking will be impacted starting on Sunday at 8 a.m. through Monday at 11 p.m. The following are the list of closures and parking impacts:
Downtown circuit street closures
To facilitate the set-up of the downtown circuit for both the Amgen Tour of California and the Lifestyle Festival
The following streets will be closed Sunday morning until Monday at 11 p.m.
- 10th Street from N to L
On Monday, May 16, from approximately 9 a.m. to 11 p.m., the following street will be closed for finish line setup:
- L Street from 9th to 15th streets.
The following streets will be closed intermittently from 1 p.m. to 4 p.m.
- 9th Street from L to N streets
- N Street from 9th to 15th streets
- 15th Street from L to P streets
- P Street from 15th to 18th streets
- 18th Street from L to P streets
- L Street from 15th to 18th streets
From the northern city limits to downtown
The approximate street closure time for the following portions of the race will be from 2:45 p.m. to 3:45 p.m. on Monday, May 16:
- From the northern City limits of Sorrento Road to Main Avenue
- East on Main Avenue, then south on Northgate Boulevard to Highway 160/12th street
- 12th Street south to E Street
- West on E Street from 12th to 9th streets
- South on 9th Street from E to L streets where the race enters the downtown circuit. See above for circuit closures.
Sacramento Police Department officers expect the above closures to last 20 to 30 minutes at each location. Officers will allow vehicles and pedestrians to cross the route as long as the lead race vehicle has not yet reached that particular location. Emergency vehicles will be allowed but local access will be limited.
On-street parking will be limited