Ka Yang told Sacramento police officers that she had a seizure and dropped her infant daughter on a space heater the day she died.

In court documents obtained by FOX40 today, investigators say when they opened the microwave in Yang's Rood Avenue home in March, 6-month-old Mirabelle Thao-Lo's pacifier was still inside.

There are only a handful of cases involving children dying from microwave burns around the United States. Investigatros in Sacramento have found themselves comparing this case to one out of New Kent County, Virginia. The reason why? In 1999, Elizabeth Otte used the same excuse as a Yang.

"She told me that she thought she had an epilepsy seizure," says Sgt. Mark Thatcher of the New Kent County Sheriff's Department. He told FOX40 it's the worst case he's ever worked, "There was a hard time even getting any kind of fluids out of the body, because it was cooked. Cooked out of the child."

The medical examiner in Richmond, Virginia determined the baby had died of heat stroke after five minutes inside the microwave -- and to achieve the 2nd, 3rd and 4th degree burns on the baby - just like in Mirabelle's case - that child was likely in the microwave for 15 minutes.

In the affidavit, Sacramento investigators found that Yang's story of a space heater burn didn't match up with the evidence on her daughter's body because there were "no grilling marks on the clothing or victim".