- 6-oz piece of halibut
- 1/2 large red onion, diced
- 1 tsp. chopped ginger
- 1/2 Cup chopped dried apricots
- 1/2 Cup dried cherries
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 2 star anise
- 1/2 Cup brown sugar
- 1/2 Cup cider vinegar
- 1/2 Cup pineapple juice
- Sauté the red onion with the cherries, apricots and ginger for two minutes.
- Add cinnamon and star anise
- Deglaze with the pineapple juice, then add sugar and vinegar
- Simmer for 15 minutes or until most liquid is absorbed.
- Grill halibut to 130 degrees.
- Cascade the chutney over the fish and garnish.