The week’s just starting. It’s sunny outside. I don’t feel like working. I’m already dreaming about the weekend and glasses full of melting, crackling ice and the most perfect cocktail of the summer – Tia Vero’s Margarita.
Tia Vero’s Margarita
- 2 Servings
- 5 limes (estimate 2 1/2 limes per drink)
- 3/8 cup agave syrup or simple sugar
- 2 – 8 oz glasses filled with ice
- (simple sugar is sugar that has been boiled until liquid, allow to cool)
- Coarse sea salt for rim (optional)
- 1/4 cup tequila
- 1/8 cup Grand Marnier
Squeeze 4 of the limes and pour into measuring cup. Add agave syrup or simple sugar and blend. Combine all the ice in a cocktail shaker. Pour tequila and Grand Marnier and lime mixture over ice and shake for 40 seconds. (You may want to cover shaker w/towel to keep fingers from getting cold). *Optional: Sprinkle sea salt onto small plate. Wet rim of glass with tequila then press rim into sea salt. Pour mixture, including ice, back into glasses. Quarter remaining lime, squeezing juice into glasses and add to glass. Salud!