Gayle Anderson was live in Laguna Beach for "SURPRISE VALENTINE PROPOSAL/CUPIDS GONE WILD", Day #5 of a week of love leading up to Valentine's Day. Courtesy Robbins Brothers, The Sky Room, Chuao Chocolatier, and Roy's Restaurant. Today, a young man SURPRISED his girlfriend with a proposal of marriage at Surf & Sand Resort.
Resembling a sun-washed Mediterranean Village and just steps away from the Laguna Beach shoreline, Surf & Sand Resort has been a popular destination for couples and families alike. Recently renovated, all 167 guest rooms and 16 suites have spectacular views of the Pacific Ocean. Completely refreshed in 2010, the pool deck features new modern cabanas, a wave-inspired structure, cozy chaise lounges and a poolside bar. The resort also houses Aquaterra Spa and Splashes, a signature restaurant featuring Mediterranean-inspired dishes by Executive Chef Jeff Armstrong.
For more information, contact Surf & Sand Resort, www.surfandsandresort.com
Ready to ask your beloved to marry you, but not sure how to pop the question? Robbins Brothers offers 10 suggestions for romantic ways to propose this Valentine's Day or any day.
1) A Sweet Party for Two: Does the taste of chocolate drive her wild? Then invite her over for a romantic meal that you personally prepareno takeout allowed (the effort behind this will blow her away). For dessert present her with a box of her favorite truffles and a glass of bubbly champagne. Then tell her it's 'essential' that she's a part of your future. (Beforehand be sure to remove one of the candies from the box and insert her beautiful, bright diamond engagement ring!)
2) A Rose Is NOT just a Rose: Purchase a perfect, single stem rose and place the engagement ring in the center. Kneel down and ask her to smell the rose.
3) Day at the Beach: Take her for a walk on the beach and draw a heart in the sand, and write "Will You Marry Me?" in the center. Write it ahead of time and fill the heart with candles and rose petals. Just make sure the tide is going out and not coming in.
4) Hotel Surprise: Plan a special vacation to a nice hotel. Replace the mint on the pillow with the diamond ring when she isn't looking. Be sure to put the "Do Not Disturb" sign on the door so the maid doesn't come in and find the ring (can you imagine?!). Then spend the rest of your vacation "celebrating"
5) What's on the Menu?: Take her to a favorite restaurant and arrange (ahead of time) for the waiter to hand her a "special" menu. When she opens it, she'll read your proposal.
6) Your Magical Moment: Hire a magician to perform with the rabbits, the doves, the scarves and all the usual. As the last trick, he can make her engagement ring appear from behind her ears. It'll be a truly magic moment.
7) Love on the Chest: You may need a little help with this one. Shave the question into your chest hairs and surprise her at the door when she gets home from work. If you're not feeling that brave you can opt for the family picnic instead.
8) It's A Bird, It's A Plane!: If you have a talking bird or parrot, train it to say "Will You Marry Me?" Make a big show with the new words he has learnedat a romantic moment. Of course, keep in mind that the bird may give you away before you're ready.
9) An Engaging Public Affair: Propose at a sporting event or concert. Arrange to have your proposal broadcast over the public address system or displayed on the large screen. You could also contact the team's/performer's public relations department and try to make arrangements to have your proposal on the field or midcourt at halftime, or during an intermission.
10) Flash Mob Effect: Visit a local hot spot (great outdoor mall, amusement park, boardwalk, etc) and have a group of friends and family come walking towards you two wearing t-shirts that spell out "Will you marry me?" Then dance, dance, dance the night away!
With eight locations in Southern California and 4 in Texas, Robbins Brothers - "The Engagement Ring Store", offers affordable diamond engagement rings with the widest selection of modern, classic and vintage engagement rings and ring settings that are right for you.
To find a location near you, visit www.robbinsbrothers.com
About The Sky Room
The prestigious Sky Room, located atop the historic Breakers of Long Beach Hotel, is a preferred destination along the Pacific Coast for thousands of proposals, engagements, wedding receptions and nuptials. Since originally opening in 1926, The Sky Room has continued to draw an enthusiastic clientele of local guests, Hollywood celebrities, politicians and world-renowned personalities of the time.For those interested in an ideal proposal setting or just a romantic night out, The Sky Room offers a 360-degree view overlooking the Pacific Ocean and the downtown Long Beach city skyline and features a menu of California-Eclectic cuisine by executive chef, Juan Carlos Olvera.
About Chuao Chocolatier