Cause of Death Released for Surfer Found Dead in San Onofre
A High surf advisory was issued through Sunday night.
VIDEO: Watch Dave Mecham's Report
(KTLA-TV / September 4, 2011)
- VIDEO: Surfer Found Dead After Braving Dangerous Conditions - Dave Mecham Reports
- Big Waves Pound SoCal Beaches for 3rd Day
- High Surf Advisory Does Not Hinder SoCal Whale Watching
- Photos: South Swell Generates High Surf at the Wedge
- VIDEO: Big Waves Bring Spectators, Thrill Seekers to SoCal Beaches - Dave Mecham reports
- Weather Warnings
- Ocean Surfing
See more topics »
The surfer, Russ Yamada, 42, was found unresponsive in the ocean near his surfboard about 4:35 p.m., according to the Orange County Coroner's Office.
Paramedics rushed Yamada to Saddelback Memorial Medical Center in San Clemente where he was pronounced dead.
The coroner's office now says Yamada, of Torrance, died of a heart attack.