Here's a great recipe for broccoli casserole.
Total time: 1 hour, 10 minutes
Note: From Andrea Holbrook.
2 tablespoons butter
1/2 cup diced onions
2 cups sliced mushrooms, about 1/4 pound
1 (10¾-ounce) can condensed cream of mushroom soup
1 cup mayonnaise
2 eggs, beaten
1 1/2 cups grated sharp cheddar cheese, divided
1 1/2 cups shredded parmesan cheese, divided
2 pounds frozen chopped broccoli, thawed
1 (6-ounce) can French-fried onions
1. Heat the oven to 350 degrees.
2. In a large saute pan heated over medium-high heat, melt the butter. Stir in the onions and mushrooms and cook, stirring frequently, until the onions are translucent, 6 to 8 minutes. Remove from heat.
3. In a large bowl, stir together the mushroom soup, mayonnaise, eggs, 1 cup cheddar and 1 cup parmesan cheese until thoroughly combined. Stir in the thawed broccoli, then the cooked onions and mushrooms. Place the mixture into a 13-by-9-inch baking dish.
4. In a medium bowl, combine the remaining cheddar and parmesan cheese along with the French-fried onions to form the topping. Scatter the topping evenly over the broccoli.
5. Bake the casserole until bubbly and the topping is golden-brown, about 45 minutes. Cool slightly before serving.
Each of 16 servings: 297 calories; 10 grams protein; 10 grams carbohydrates; 2 grams fiber; 25 grams fat; 7 grams saturated fat; 56 mg cholesterol; 2 grams sugar; 471 mg sodium.
For more information go to http://www.latimes.com/features/food/la-fo-outdoorthanksgivingrec3-20101118,0,2767627.story