OFFICIAL RULES FOR
Advanced Auto Parts Monster Truck Jam Ticket Sweepstakes
2. ALTERNATE METHOD OF ENTRY: In an alternative to text messaging, you can also enter online by going to 39online.com, clicking on the Contests tab, clicking on the Monster Truck Jam Ticket Sweepstakes button and submitting your name, age, address, telephone number, cell phone number, email address, and providing the correct keyword. Sponsors are not responsible for faulty Internet connections, unavailability of servers or any other technical malfunctions or for computer virus or damage caused to participant's computer by accessing Sweepstakes web site.
All entries must be received by 5:30 p.m. (CT) on Thursday, January 21, 2010. No electronic or mechanically reproduced entries and the use of automated or third-party software of website to enter are prohibited. Entries that do not include the correct keyword, or any other required information that is required will be disqualified. Only entries complying with the entry rules shall be counted in the Sweepstakes. Sponsors are not responsible for inability to complete call within specified time whether due to busy lines, disconnections, telephone malfunctions or other circumstances. Sponsors not responsible for entries that are lost, late, misdirected, or illegible. Entries become the property of KIAH and will not be returned. Odds of winning prize depend on the number of eligible entries received for drawing. All text message entrants and on-line entrants will receive a bounce-back message with a Channel 39 promotional message.
3. WINNER SELECTION AND NOTIFICATION: There will be two (2) winners selected for a total of two (2) winners. Each winner will be selected in a random drawing from among all eligible entries received. Sponsors will attempt to contact potential winners by telephone. The winners will be announced during 39 News at 5:30. Sponsors will be the sole and final judge of eligibility, winner verification and all other matters connected with the Sweepstakes. Winners must meet and agree to all eligibility requirements, terms and conditions mentioned in Official Rules. Winners will be awarded prizes upon verification of eligibility requirements. If a winner cannot be contacted, declines the prize, or is deemed ineligible to participate, then he/she will be disqualified and Sponsors may choose an alternate winner from among the remaining eligible entries for that day.
4. PRIZES: Two (2) winners will be chosen to each receive four (4) tickets to the Monster Truck Jam to be held at Houston Reliant Stadium. Approximate retail value ("ARV") is $100.00. No cash redemption or prize substitution allowed by winner. Winners may claim their prize at the KIAH Studio located at 7700 Westpark Dr. Houston, Texas 77063 between the hours of 8:30 am and 5:00 pm (CST) Monday through Friday. (Excluding all major Holidays) Prize is non-transferable and has no cash equivalent. Sponsors reserve the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value if the prize is unavailable and/or undeliverable for any reason in the sole and complete discretion of Sponsor. Winners are responsible for all taxes on prizes. One prize per person or family. All properly claimed prizes will be awarded, but in no event will Sponsors award more prizes than are provided for in these Official Rules.
5. ELIGIBILITY RESTRICTIONS:
a. The Sweepstakes is open only to legal citizens of the United States who are legal residents of the Houston, Designated Market Area (DMA) according to the Nielsen Company and who are 18 years of age and who possess a valid I.D.
b. Employees (and their immediate family or household members) of Channel 39 and Feld Marketing ("Sponsors") and their respective subsidiaries, sponsors, affiliates, parent companies, assignees, agencies, advertisers, franchisees, are not eligible to win.
c. Any member of a household that has been awarded a prize in any other contest by Channel 39 in the past 30 days is ineligible.
6. CONDITIONS OF ENTRY:
a. Execution of Affidavit and Release: The prizewinners are required to sign and submit a release and waiver of liability. To claim the prize, the prizewinner will be required to provide picture proof of identification, which may include a driver's license, passport, voting card or similar government issued identification.
b. Use of winner's name: By entering, each entrant grants permission, without further compensation, to Sponsors and their agents and licensees, to use the entrant's name, voice, photograph, likeness and biographical material for broadcast and promotional purposes in connection with the Sweepstakes in the event entrant is a winner.
c. Release Sponsors of Liability: By entering, entrants agree to release Sponsors and their parent companies, affiliates, officers, directors, employees, licensees, representatives & agents from any claim, loss, liability, damage or injury of any kind arising from the entrants' participation in this Sweepstakes.
7. OTHER CONDITIONS / FORCE MAJEURE:
If for any reason, this Sweepstakes is not capable of running as planned, including infection by computer virus, tampering, fraud, interruption in wireless calling devices or wireless service, technical failure, or any other cause which corrupts or threatens the administration, security or integrity of the Sweepstakes, Sponsors reserve the right, in their sole discretion, to terminate or suspend the Sweepstakes or any portion of the Sweepstakes. In the event Sponsors terminate the Sweepstakes, Sponsors shall post notice of their action at the Sweepstakes website and shall award remaining prizes in a random drawing from among all eligible entries received for all prior Sweepstakes day as of the time the Sweepstakes is terminated. ANY ATTEMPT TO DAMAGE OR UNDERMINE THE FAIR AND LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THIS SWEEPSTAKES WILL RESULT IN DISQUALIFICATION FROM THE SWEEPSTAKES.
In the event of a dispute as to who submitted an entry, it will be deemed submitted by the "Authorized Account Holder" at the time of registration. The "Authorized Account Holder" is the person assigned by a wireless calling/text message carrier service, an Internet access provider, online service provider, Internet service provider, or other organization responsible for assigning accounts and email addresses. Potential winners may be required to show proof of being the authorized account holder.
8. OFFICIAL RULES/WINNERS LIST:
Copies of these Sweepstakes rules are available at KIAH-TV or can be viewed at 39online.com. For a copy of the Official Rules, send a self addressed stamped envelope to: KIAH "Advance Auto Parts Monster Truck Jam " Sweepstakes, 7700 Westpark Drive, Houston, TX 77063. Winners list: A list of the Sweepstakes winners may be obtained by sending a self-addressed, stamped envelope to: KIAH "Advance Auto Parts Monster Truck Jam" winners, 7700 Westpark Drive, Houston, TX 77063 after February 14, 2010.
KIAH-TV, 7700 Westpark Drive, Houston, TX 77063 and Feld Marketing.