1. HOW TO ENTER: No purchase necessary to enter or claim a prize. Sweepstakes is on Wednesday, January 6, 2010. All entries must be in by 5:30pm (CT) (the "Sweepstakes Period"). Sponsors' clock will be the official timepiece of the Sweepstakes. Watch "39 News" at 5:00pm and 5:30pm for the keyword (MJ). During the Sweepstakes Period, entrants must text to 39239 with the correct keyword contained in the body of the text message. All entrants must have a text messaging two-way capable handset and digital service in order to enter the Sweepstakes using the text messaging method. Entrants will be sent a text message to confirm entry into the Sweepstakes. By participating via text, entrants will be charged standard rates for text messages sent and received from their handset according to the terms and conditions in their wireless calling plans. Text messaging and wireless service are not available in all areas.
2. ALTERNATE METHOD OF ENTRY: In an alternative to text messaging, you can also enter online by going to 39online.com, clicking on the Contests tab, clicking on the Monster Truck Jam Sweepstakes button and submitting your name, age, address, telephone number, cell phone number, email address, and providing the correct keyword. Sponsors are not responsible for faulty Internet connections, unavailability of servers or any other technical malfunctions or for computer virus or damage caused to participant's computer by accessing Sweepstakes web site.
3. WINNER SELECTION AND NOTIFICATION: There will be one (1) winner selected in a random drawing from among all eligible entries received. Sponsors will attempt to contact potential winners by telephone. Winner must acknowledge notification within twenty-four (24) hours of the first phone call by calling (713) 435-2800. Sponsors will be the sole and final judge of eligibility, winner verification and all other matters connected with the Sweepstakes. Winners must meet and agree to all eligibility requirements, terms and conditions mentioned in Official Rules. Winner will be awarded prize upon verification of eligibility requirements. If the winner cannot be contacted or reached within twenty-four (24) hours of the first notification attempt, declines the prize, or is deemed ineligible to participate, then he/she will be disqualified and Sponsors may choose an alternate winner from among the remaining eligible entries.
4. PRIZES: One (1) winner will be chosen to receive a suite with fourteen (14) tickets the Advance Auto Parts Monster Truck Jam to be held at the Houston Reliant Stadium. Approximate retail value ("ARV") is $1000.00. No cash redemption or prize substitution allowed by winner. Winners may claim their prize at the KIAH Studio located at 7700 Westpark Dr. Houston, Texas 77063 between the hours of 8:30 am and 5:00 pm (CST) Monday through Friday. (Excluding all major Holidays) Prize is non-transferable and has no cash equivalent. Sponsors reserve the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value if the prize is unavailable and/or undeliverable for any reason in the sole and complete discretion of Sponsor. Winners are responsible for all taxes on prizes. One prize per person or family. All properly claimed prizes will be awarded, but in no event will Sponsors award more prizes than are provided for in these Official Rules.
5. ELIGIBILITY RESTRICTIONS:
a. The Sweepstakes is open only to legal citizens of the United States who are legal residents of the Houston, Designated Market Area (DMA) according to the Nielsen Company and who are 18 years of age or older as of Wednesday, January 6, 2010 and who possess a valid I.D.
b. Employees (and their immediate family or household members) of KIAH-TV, Advance Auto Parts Monster Jam ("Sponsors") and their respective subsidiaries, sponsors, affiliates, parent companies, assignees, agencies, advertisers, franchisees, are not eligible to win.
c. Any member of a household that has been awarded a prize in any other contest by KIAH-TV in the past 30 days is ineligible.
6. CONDITIONS OF ENTRY:
a. Execution of Affidavit and Release: The prizewinners are required to sign and submit a release and waiver of liability. To claim the prize, the prizewinner will be required to provide picture proof of identification, which may include a driver's license, passport, voting card or similar government issued identification.
b. Use of winner's name: By entering, each entrant grants permission, without further compensation, to Sponsors and their agents and licensees, to use the entrant's name, voice, photograph, likeness and biographical material for broadcast and promotional purposes in connection with the Sweepstakes in the event entrant is a winner.
c. Release Sponsors of Liability: By entering, entrants agree to release Sponsors and their parent companies, affiliates, officers, directors, employees, licensees, representatives & agents from any claim, loss, liability, damage or injury of any kind arising from the entrants' participation in this Sweepstakes.
7. SPONSOR: Sweepstakes is sponsored by Advance Auto Parts Monster Jam and KIAH-TV, 7700 Westpark Drive, Houston, Texas 77063.
8. INTERNET: Sponsors are not responsible for virus or other damage to entrant's computer from participation in the Sweepstakes. If for any reason this Sweepstakes is not capable of running as planned, or if this Sweepstakes or any web site associated therewith (or any portion thereof) becomes corrupted or does not allow the proper playing of the Sweepstakes and processing of entries in accordance with these rules, or if infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, actions by entrants, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes, in the Sponsor's sole opinion, corrupts or affects the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of this Sweepstakes, the Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual implicated in such action and/or to cancel, terminate, modify, or suspend this Sweepstakes or any portion thereof. In the event this Sweepstakes is cancelled, the Sponsor will conduct a random drawing to award prizes from among all eligible, non-suspect entries received prior to the time of the action or event warranting such cancellation. If such cancellation, termination, modification, or suspension occurs, notification will be posted at the Entry Site. ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT OR ANY OTHER INDIVIDUAL TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEB SITE (INCLUDING THE ENTRY SITE) OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE SWEEPSTAKES IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND/OR CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, THE SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES AND OTHER REMEDIES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW. Sweepstakes rules shall be governed and enforced pursuant to Texas law, excluding choice of law provisions.