1. HOW TO ENTER: No purchase necessary to enter or claim a prize. The CW39 Free Press Summer Fest Sweepstakes begin on Monday, May 21, 2012 at 5:00pm (CT) and run through Tuesday, May 29, 2012 at 5:00pm (CT), (the “Sweepstakes Period”). Sponsors’ computer clock will be the official timepiece of the sweepstakes.
During the Sweepstakes Period, entrants must submit their name, age, address, email and daytime phone number in the entry form provided on the CW39 Houston Facebook page.
Only one entry per person will be allowed throughout the entire contest. Any attempt by any entrant to obtain more than the stated number of entries using multiple/different identities or registrations will void such entries and that entrant may be disqualified. No electronic or mechanically reproduced entries and the use of automated or third-party software of website to enter are prohibited. Entries that do not include the correct keyword or requested information that is required, will be disqualified. Only entries complying with the entry rules shall be counted in the Sweepstakes. Sponsors are not responsible for inability to complete call within specified time whether due to busy lines, disconnections, telephone malfunctions or other circumstances. Sponsors are not responsible for entries lost, late, misdirected, or illegible. Entries become the property of KIAH-TV/CW39 and will not be returned. Odds of winning prize depend on the number of eligible entries received during the sweepstakes.
3. WINNER SELECTION AND NOTIFICATION: There will be a total of ten (10) winners selected. All winners will be drawn at random from all eligible entries received. Sponsors will attempt to contact potential winners by telephone. Winners must acknowledge notification within twenty-four (24) hours of the first phone call by calling (713) 435-2818 or (713) 781-3939. Sponsors will be the sole and final judge of eligibility, winner verification and all other matters connected with the sweepstakes. Winners must meet and agree to all eligibility requirements, terms and conditions mentioned in official rules. Winners will be awarded prizes upon verification of eligibility requirements. If a winner cannot be contacted or reached within twenty-four (24) hours of the first notification attempt, declines the prize, or is deemed ineligible to participate, they will be disqualified and sponsors may choose an alternate winner from among the remaining eligible entries.
4. PRIZES: Ten (10) winners will be chosen to receive four (4) tickets to Free Press Summer Fest. Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”) for each ticket is $75 each. No cash redemption or prize substitution allowed by winner. Winners may claim their prize at the KIAH Studio located at 7700 Westpark Dr. Houston, Texas 77063 between the hours of 9:00am-12:00pm and from 1:00pm-4:00pm (CT) Monday through Friday, (excluding all major holidays). All prizes not claimed by Tuesday, May 29, 2012 at 3pm will be forfeited. Prize is non-transferable and has no cash equivalent. Sponsors reserve the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value if the prize is unavailable and/or undeliverable for any reason at the sole and complete discretion of Sponsor. Winners are responsible for all taxes on prizes. Only one prize per person or family will be awarded during the contest period. All properly claimed prizes will be awarded, but in no event will Sponsors award more prizes than are provided for in these Official Rules.
5. ELIGIBILITY RESTRICTIONS:
- The Sweepstakes is open only to legal citizens of the United States who are legal residents of the Houston, TX Designated Market Area (DMA) according to the Nielsen Company and who are 18 years of age or older and possess a valid I.D.
- Employees (and their immediate family or household members) of KIAH-TV/CW39 and Free Press Houston (“Sponsors”) and their respective subsidiaries, sponsors, affiliates, parent companies, assignees, agencies, advertisers and franchisees are not eligible to win.
- Any member of a household that has been awarded a prize in any other contest by KIAH-TV/CW39 or Free Press Houston in the past 30 days is ineligible.
6. CONDITIONS OF ENTRY:
- Execution of Affidavit and Release: The prize winners are required to sign and submit a release and waiver of liability. To claim the prize, the prize winner will be required to provide a government issued identification card with photo which may include a driver’s license, passport, voting card or similar government issued identification.
- Use of winner's name: By entering, each entrant grants permission, without further compensation, to sponsors and their agents and licensees, to use the entrant's name, voice, photograph, likeness and biographical material for broadcast and promotional purposes. Upon providing this information, entrant is not granting such permission to Facebook.
- Release Facebook and Sponsors of Liability: By entering, entrants agree to release Facebook, sponsors and their parent companies, affiliates, officers, directors, employees, licensees, representatives & agents from any claim, loss, liability, damage or injury of any kind arising from the entrants’ participation in this Sweepstakes. This contest is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook.
7. SWEEPSTAKES RULES AND LIST OF WINNERS:
Official Rules are available at www.39online.com, or by mailing a self-addressed, stamped envelope to CW39 Free Press Summer Fest Sweepstakes Rules, KIAH-TV CW39, 7700 Westpark Drive, Houston, Texas 77063. For a list of winners, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope, after May 29, 2012 to “CW39 Free Press Summer Fest” Sweepstakes Winners List, at the same address.
KIAH-TV and Free Press Houston are the official “Sponsors” of The CW39 Free Press Summer Fest Sweepstakes. Provision of the Sweepstakes prizes is the sole responsibility of the sponsors.
9. INTERNET: Sponsors are not responsible for virus or other damage to entrant’s computer from participation in the Sweepstakes. If for any reason this Sweepstakes is not capable of running as planned, or if this Sweepstakes or any web site associated therewith (or any portion thereof) becomes corrupted or does not allow the proper playing of the Sweepstakes and processing of entries in accordance with these rules, or if infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, actions by entrants, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes, in the Sponsor’s sole opinion, corrupts or affects the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of this Sweepstakes, the Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual implicated in such action and/or to cancel, terminate, modify, or suspend this Sweepstakes or any portion thereof. In the event this Sweepstakes is cancelled, the Sponsor will conduct a random drawing to award prizes from among all eligible, non-suspect entries received prior to the time of the action or event warranting such cancellation. If such cancellation, termination, modification, or suspension occurs, notification will be posted at the Entry Site. ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT OR ANY OTHER INDIVIDUAL TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEB SITE (INCLUDING THE ENTRY SITE) OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE SWEEPSTAKES IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND/OR CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, THE SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES AND OTHER REMEDIES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW. Sweepstakes rules shall be governed and enforced pursuant to Texas law, excluding choice of law provisions.