Upcoming public government meetings
- Lincoln County Industrial Development Authority: Tuesday, July 2 at noon, 201 E. Main St. Suite 1
- Stanford Water Commission: Tuesday, July 2 at 10 a.m., Stanford Water Dept. Office
- Hustonville City Council: Tuesday, July 2 at 7 p.m., Hustonville City Hall
- Stanford City Council: Thursday, July 11 at 6:30 p.m., L&N Depot (This was changed due to the July 4th holiday).
- Crab Orchard City Commission: Thursday, July 4 at 6:30 p.m., Crab Orchard city hall
- Lincoln County Fire Protection District: Monday, July 8 at 7 p.m., County Fire Station No. 2 (7020 U.S. 150)
- Lincoln County Public Library: Monday, July 8 at noon, Lincoln County Public Library
- Lincoln County Fiscal Court: Tuesday, July 9 and Tuesday, 23 at 9 a.m., Lincoln County Courthouse
- Lincoln County Board of Education: Thursday, July 11 at 6:30 p.m., Lincoln County Board of Education
- Lincoln County Ambulance Board – Monday, July 15 at 7 p.m. in the old Lincoln County courthouse
- Crab Orchard City Commission Planning Session: Thursday, July 18 at 6 p.m., Crab Orchard city hall
- Lincoln County Board of Education Working Session: Thursday, July 25 at 6:30 p.m., Lincoln County Board of Education
- Stanford Planning and Zoning: Thursday, July 25 at 6 p.m., L&N Depot
LC Farmers Market to open
Lincoln County Farmers Market will open on Monday, July 1 at the First Southern Veterans Park. The market will be open on Monday, Wednesday and Friday from 8 a.m. to 1 p.m. The producers will be offering fresh locally grown vegetables. Most of the farmers will accept WIC and Senior Citizen Vouchers and some will also be able to accept debit and credit cards. If you would like to become a vendor please contact Steven Hoeck at (606) 669-0772 or stop by the Lincoln County Extension Office for an application.
LC UNITE Drug Free meeting date changed
The Lincoln County UNITE Drug Free Coalition will meet Tuesday, July 9 at 6:30 p.m. at the Family Worship Center in Waynesburg. This date was changed from Tuesday, July 2.
Herrington Family to hold reunion
The Herrington Family Reunion will be Saturday, June 29 at noon at the Sportsmen Club at Cedar Creek. The meal is potluck. All friends and family are cordially invited to attend.
Country Ham Breakfast in Crab Orchard
A country ham breakfast will be held as part of the Crab Orchard 4th of July Celebration on Saturday, June 29 from 7:30 to 9:30 a.m. at the Crab Orchard Elementary School. Cost is $6 and will include ham, eggs, biscuits, gravy, apples, coffee and juice. Come and enjoy breakfast with us.
Independence Day closings
The following offices will be closed Thursday, July 4 for the Independence Day holiday.
•Lincoln County Judge/Executive office.
•The Interior Journal.