CHAMBERSBURG, Pa. —The Franklin County Planning Department received 10 applications for its fiscal 2013 Community Development Block Grant Program, county commissioners learned at a public hearing last week.
The Community Development Block Program provides communities with resources to address a wide range of community development needs, including low- to moderate-income project, an urgent need and slum or blighted areas.
Applications for Fiscal Year 2013 requested more than $2 million of funding. The submitted applications include:
• The Borough of Greencastle for curb ramp installation and sidewalk repair along three blocks of Franklin Street.
• Greene Township Municipal Authority to extend sewer service to Fern Grotto Circle
• Hamilton Township Municipal Authority to extend sewer service to the Original Kensington Heights
• Indian Lake Camp Corp. to replace their water treatment building
• Letterkenny Township Municipal Authority to extend sewer service to Skyline Drive
• Peters Township to replace grinder pumps in the village of Upton
• Quincy Township for lateral/tap fee assistance along Furnace, Fox Hill, Creager and Tomstown roads
• Washington Township to extend sewer service to Calimer Drive.
A public hearing will be scheduled at a later date to select the applicants, according to the release.