MARTINSBURG, W.Va. —The West Virginia Air National Guard’s 167th Airlift Wing is hosting the Thunder Over the Blue Ridge Open House and Air Show on Saturday and Sunday.
All motorists approaching the 167th Airlift Wing are encouraged to use the alternate travel route of Interstate 81 to bypass the base during the event days, according to a news release.
Parking will be prohibited on the following streets from 7:30 a.m. to 8 p.m. Saturday and Sunday:
- U.S. 11 from Novak Drive to Paynes Ford Road
- Business Park Drive from Novak Drive to I-81 bridge
- Stewart Avenue from Wren Street to Winchester Avenue
- Kelly Island Road from Paynes Ford Road to base entrance
- Paynes Ford Road from U.S. 11 to Airport Road
- n Airport Road from Paynes Ford Road to Novak Drive
- Novak Drive from U.S. 11 to Airport Road
No parking will be allowed in the Orgill business lot on Business Park Drive, the Polo Ralph Lauren lot on Novak Drive and the park-and-ride lot near the I-81 bridge.
Parking on the base is limited to VIP, vendors, volunteers and performers.
No RV parking will be available.
Handicapped parking is available at the Sino parking lot on Novak Drive. There will be a bus shuttle service that will drop off spectators near the flight line on the base.