* As of 7:30 a.m., traffic was sluggish on I-270 southbound and I-495 in both directions, but was running fine on all the other interstates throughout the area, according to the Maryland Department of Transportation's interactive mapping page on its website. There was an accident on I-81 northbound near Exit 23 to Marlowe/Falling Waters in West Virginia just after 5:30 a.m. this morning that closed the interstate, according to a dispatcher for Berkeley County Emergency Services, but traffic was moving by 7 a.m.
MARC Train, Train 517 left seven minutes late this morning, according to the Maryland Transit Administration's website at http://mta.maryland.gov.
* The Light Rail, commuter buses, metro bus service, and mobility service are all running on time and operating on their regular schedules, according to the MTA website.
* The weather today is expected to be partly sunny and very warm with a high of 83 degrees and winds around 6 miles per hour, according to the AccuWeather forecast on the HMTV6 weather website at www.herald-mail.com/hmtv6/weather/. Tonight, it's expected to be warm with patchy clouds, a low of 61 degrees, and winds around 4 mph. Check the HMTV6 weather blog at http://hagerstownblogs.com/brittany-beggs/ for weather updates.
* The U.S. Alt. 40 bridge in Funkstown is subject to single lane closures between 9 a.m. and 3 p.m. early this week as work crews are removing the jersey barriers there, SHA District Community Liaison Heather Keels said.
* Md. 550 is subject to single-lane closures Monday through Friday between 7 a.m. and 7 p.m. and shoulder lanes closures at any time between Md. 491 and the Frederick County Line until the summer in order to provide new pavement, better drainage, and other improvements, the State Highway Administration said in an emailed release.
* Traffic on the U.S. 522 bridge over the Potomac River in Hancock will be reduced to one lane with flaggers alternating traffic between 8 p.m. and 5 a.m. every night until late April as the Maryland State Highway Administration has begun repair work to the bridge, the SHA saidl.
* Work to improve the intersection of U.S. 40 and Md. 63 is expected to continue until the spring, according to the Maryland State Highway Administration. Workers are assisting traffic in the area when needed. Expect lane closures at times.
* Speed cameras have been placed on I-70 at Conococheague Creek and I-70 at Md. 63 for work zone safety as part of bridge rehabilitation projects, according to the Maryland State Highway Administration. Motorists driving more than 12 miles per hour over the posted 55 mph speed limit in those areas will face a $40 citation.
* Traffic on Md. 63 under I-70 is reduced to one lane in each direction with lanes shifted to the northbound side of the road for the bridge rehabilitation project there, according to the Maryland State Highway Administration.
* Traffic is being shifted to the outer edges of the I-70 bridges at Md. 63 as work crews prepare to begin demolition work on the inner sides of the bridges as part of the Maryland State Highway Administration project to reconstruct and widen them, according to the SHA.