| Feb 18, 2011
| 8:37 AM
The Kansas Department of Health and Environment suspends the license of a Wichita day care home where a child was found dead.
According to a report from the KDHE, the permit for Amy's Lil Angels day care home in the 3800 block of east Orme was...
| Sep 28, 2011
| 7:27 AM
Maryland health officials proposed Tuesday a ban on the sale of crib bumpers, which have been linked to the asphyxiation of at least two dozen infants across the country — a move that would make it the first state to prohibit the bumpers.
| Oct 10, 2011
| 4:00 AM
A car accident that left a young woman dead at the All Good music festival in July was caused by the “wanton, reckless, grossly negligent" acts of the organizers, Maryland-based Walther Productions, the woman’s father alleges in a recently...
| Aug 1, 2011
| 1:58 PM
The mother of a 3-year-old Columbia boy and her boyfriend are not being cooperative in the homicide investigation surrounding the child's April death, Howard County police said Monday.
Police did not identified the mother nor her boyfriend, and charges...
| Feb 15, 2008
The "choking game," a type of asphyxiation practiced by children and adolescents seeking a euphoric rush, has killed at least 82 children since 1995, according to the first U.S. government study to quantify the deaths.
The Centers for Disease Control and...
| Sep 24, 2007
Photographs taken of Liam Johns' crib by the Sacramento County Coroner's Office clearly show where it came apart.
The drop rail had detached from its plastic track, creating a gap through which the 9-month-old boy slipped feet-first. Instead of falling...
| Apr 23, 2009
The phone in the Parentes' 10th-floor hotel room rang just before midnight. By then, a mother and two daughters staying there had been beaten and asphyxiated by the man who answered the phone. Not long after taking that call - from a college roommate of...
| Apr 23, 2009
TOWSON, Md. - A tax attorney's investment dealings are being investigated by the FBI after he beat and asphyxiated his wife and daughters in a Maryland hotel room before killing himself, authorities said Wednesday.
The bodies were discovered Monday in...
| Sep 16, 2009
Yale graduate student Annie Le died from traumatic asphyxiation due to neck compression, the office of the chief state's medical examiner said Wednesday.
Le's body was found Sunday in a university research building, five days after she disappeared....
| Sep 17, 2009
| 5:43 AM
A Yale University lab technician was arrested Thursday and charged with the suffocation death of a graduate student whose body was found stuffed in a research building wall on what was to be her wedding day.
New Haven police said they arrested 24-year-...
| Jun 14, 2009
| 3:12 PM
LOS ANGELES -- Hundreds of people, including friends, family and former co-stars, attended a funeral service for actor David Carradine Saturday.
The service was held indoors at the Hall of Liberty at Forest Lawn Hollywood Hills, the cemetery adjacent...