You know those small, round batteries that fit into many children's toys, books, musical greeting cards and remote controls?
Today, doctors at Yale-New Haven Children's Hospital issued a warning to parents and caregivers about these "button batteries" that resemble a coin: pay close attention to the dangers of these batteries. If ingested, they can cause very serious harm to a child.
According to a press release:
These button batteries can cause very serious injuries and, in some cases, death in children. When swallowed, these small batteries can release an electric current...