Enter to win every day in CTNOW's 21 Days of Summer Giveaways. Click here to see today's prize.


Insurer Anthem hikes 2015 forecast as earnings climb

Anthem has pumped up its 2015 forecast again after earnings jumped more than 17 percent in its most recent quarter, helped by a surge in government money. The Blue Cross-Blue Shield carrier now expects 2015 adjusted earnings to top $10 per share, which is up from an upgraded forecast in April to greater than $9.90 per share. Analysts expect earnings of $10.04 per share, according to FactSet. Anthem Inc. grew to become the nation's second-largest health insurer by selling commercial coverage in key markets like California and New York, but lately it has been staking more of its future growth on government business. The company administers the state-and-federally funded Medicaid...