| May 24, 2012
| 5:32 AM
PETOSKEY — Lab tests confirm that it was the norovirus that forced Concord Academy Petoskey to cancel classes on Friday.
Concord Petoskey executive director David Hill told the News-Review that 60 students were out sick, or left early last...
| Aug 27, 2012
| 9:41 AM
As expected, business has been slow for the Holland area Mexican restaurant where several hundred people contracted Norovirus in late July.
After reopening his doors in early August, owner Alonzo Salinas has made some changes.
“I think a lot of...
| Jun 11, 2012
| 8:53 AM
Health officials have expanded a ban on shellfish from Korea to include processed and canned products because of possible exposure to human fecal matter.
The FDA and The Maryland Department of Health and Mental Hygiene had already warned consumers not to...
| Jun 15, 2012
| 9:34 AM
Korean shellfish shipped to the United States may have been exposed to human feces and potentially contaminated with norovirus, the Food and Drug Administration warned distributors, retailers and other food service operators Thursday.
| Jun 28, 2012
| 4:21 PM
About 40 middle and high school girls have gotten sick over the last few days, and the Kent County Health Department says it could be an outbreak of the norovirus.
The illness broke out at Davenport University, where hundreds of girls from around the...
| Jun 29, 2012
| 12:59 PM
SOUTH BEND – A norovirus is being blamed for the gastrointestinal outbreak that affected 106 students attending sports camp at the University of Notre Dame this week.
That word came Friday afternoon from St. Joseph County Health Officer Dr....
| Jul 13, 2012
| 4:32 AM
Last year, when Oregon Health Authority officials announced they would adopt the 2009 FDA Retail Food Code, restaurateurs suddenly faced a piece of legislation that would prohibit foodservice workers to touch prepared food with their bare hands. The...
| Jul 20, 2012
Girl Scout Troop 47888 ventured to Hershey-park on July 9 for its end of the year trip. It was attended by Scouts and parents who participated in the fall fundraiser and Girl Scout cookies campaign.
Monique R. Broadus, fundraiser chairwoman, wants to...
| Jul 20, 2012
Potomac Valley Fire Co. in Dargan will hold a ham and shrimp dinner at the fire hall Saturday starting at 4 p.m. The meal will consist of ham, one pound of shrimp, parsley potatoes, green beans, coleslaw, homemade rolls and iced tea.
The meal costs $15....
| Jul 31, 2012
| 2:41 PM
The number of people saying they were affected by an illness stemming from a visit to Margarita's restaurant in Holland is growing at a surprising rate.
According to the Ottawa County Health Department, it now stands at around 200 possible cases. ...
| Jul 31, 2012
| 2:37 PM
After at least 200 people became sick following a visit to a Holland area restaurant, the health department says they've discovered the culprit.
Margarita's Mexican restaurant in Holland closed after around 200 patrons complained of illness following a...