- Their mission is, “To provide optimal care and services to individuals confronting dementia, and to their caregivers and families—through member organizations dedicated to improving quality of life.”
- Leading voluntary health organization in Alzheimer's care, support, and research. Alzheimer's Association offers support groups all over the US. The Connecticut Chapter is located in Rocky Hill, and there are various support groups that meet throughout Connecticut.
- Alzheimer's Association provides ALZConnected, an online communication forum
- To search for a local support group: http://www.alz.org/ct/in_my_community_support.asp
- 24/7 Helpline: 1.800.272.3900
- National Office: 312.335.8700
Alzheimer's Caregiver Support Online (Alzonline)
- Provides caregivers with support, online classes, and information on caregiving. Sponsored by the State of Florida Department of Elder Affairs and the University of Florida Center for Telehealth
- Florida Elder Helpline: 1-800-963-5337
Family Caregiver Alliance: National Center on Caregiving
- “Support and sustain the important work of families nationwide caring for loved ones with chronic, disabling health conditions.”
- The FCA provides the Caregiver Online Group for caregivers of adults living with Alzheimer's, stroke, brain injury, and other chronic health conditions.
- (415) 434.3388 or (800) 445.8106
Caregiver Action Network
- Provides education, support, and resources for caregivers of people with a variety of health conditions.