Like father, like son?
You'd never thought it would happen. But you're looking and sounding a lot like your dad, whether you realize it or not.
In honor of Father's Day — that one day of the year we set aside to praise paternal bonds with colorful neckties and a big breakfast — here are 10 signs that guys may be morphing into their pops.
10. You're tuning in each night at 7:57 p.m. to learn the Florida Lottery's Cash 3 and Play 4 winning numbers, then returning at 11:15 p.m. for Fantasy 5.
9. Dress socks with sandals or sneakers to the beach seem fashion-forward all of a sudden. And for cool tropical clothes to go with your socks and sandals, you start shopping at Tommy Bahama.
8. You're counting the days till the Fort Lauderdale International Boat Show to arrive at Bahia Mar.
7. You start to take sunblock and sunscreen lotions really seriously.
6. Being a condo commando in Delray Beach doesn't sound like such a bad idea anymore.
5. You're yearning for a slick convertible so you can cruise along Las Olas Boulevard on the weekends. And speaking of trade-ins, you're thinking about trading your mom for a younger model.
4. You're itching to flash an AARP card at Denny's.
3. And on that note, matinees at the Gateway Theatre seem like a great bargain now.
2. You envision the Everglades as one grand golf course just waiting to be played on.
1. You get a subscription to the Sun Sentinel.
Staff writer Rod Stafford Hagwood contributed to this report.
email@example.com or 954-356-4939