| Dec 19, 2011
| 12:35 PM
Former NRBQ guitarist and Nashville songwriter Al Anderson practically lives at the Iron Horse Music Hall this week, starting with two shows that reuinite him with his late-'60s buds the Wildweeds (Ray Zeiner, Al Lepak, Jr. and Andy Lepak) on Monday and...
| Oct 3, 2012
| 11:35 AM
Plants and Animals
Wed., Oct. 10, BAR, 254 Crown St., New Haven, (203) 495-1111, barnightclub.com; Fri., Oct. 12, Iron Horse Music Hall, 20 Center St., Northampton, MA, (413) 586-8686, iheg.com.
It used to be that rock and roll was rebellious. If you...
| Aug 13, 2012
| 12:25 PM
1) Little Ed & the Blues Imperials, Black-Eyed Sally's BBQ & Blues, 350 Asylum St., Hartford, (860) 278-7427, Thurs. 8 p.m. Free. blackeyedsallys.com.
2) Albert Lee w/ Kate Taylor, Infinity Music Hall & Bistro, 20 Greenwoods Rd., Norfolk, (860) 542-5531,...
| Aug 20, 2012
| 10:00 AM
1) The Hartford Phase Shift — A Concert of New Sounds and Experimental Music, La Paloma Sabanera, 405 Capitol Ave, Hartford, (860) 956-5003, (Jazz). Thurs. 7:30 p.m. $5 suggested donation. lapalomacoffeehouse.com.
2) Portland Cello Project, Iron...
| Dec 28, 2011
| 10:20 AM
The crossover appeal of Enter the Haggis has grown over the years such that they can play either intimate settings like Hugh's Room in Toronto or the slightly more spacious Iron Horse Music Hall, which is where they will be for multiple shows on...
| Jan 12, 2012
| 6:35 AM
• Thursday: Stephen Haynes and Joe Morris present Improvisations IV, 7 p.m., $12-$15, Real Art Ways, Hartford; Zach Birdcall Yost, The Benedicks, Mandrake Mechanism and Details, Sully's, Hartford.
• Friday: An Indie Good Time ft. Departures,...
| Jan 18, 2012
| 11:25 AM
Decisions, decisions: According to a press release from the band, Daughtry performs April 27 at MGM Grand at Foxwoods, which is the same night that Nickelback plays XL Center in Hartford. No word on tickets, but Foxwoods says the show hasn’t...
| Jan 26, 2012
| 8:22 AM
You’ve seen Florence and the Machine perform on awards shows, on “Saturday Night Live,” Letterman and VH1 specials, now see the acclaimed English group in person May 11 at Mohegan Sun; tickets go on sale Friday, Jan. 27, at 10 a.m. for...
| Feb 20, 2012
| 9:04 AM
Northampton’s own Winterpills released their fifth and most ambitious album, All My Lovely Goners, earlier this month. (It's now streaming on their website.) Songwriter Philip Price spoke with the Advocate by phone about what the group wanted to...
| Sep 4, 2012
| 9:30 AM
1) Don Ross & Brooke Miller, Bridge Street Live, 41 Bridge St., Collinsville, (860) 693-9762, Thurs. 8 p.m., $20-$30, 41bridgestreet.com.
2) Amy Helm, Iron Horse Music Hall, 20 Center St., Northampton, (413) 586-8686, Thurs. 7 p.m., $15-$18, iheg.com....
| Sep 11, 2012
| 8:20 AM
Tue., Sept. 18, The Space, 295 Treadwell St., Hamden, (203) 288-6400, thespacect.com
Wed., Sept. 19, The Iron Horse Music Hall, 20 Center St., Northampton, MA, (413) 586-8686, iheg.com
If you believe in the zeitgeist, then every era has...