| Dec 28, 2011
| 10:20 AM
The crossover appeal of Enter the Haggis has grown over the years such that they can play either intimate settings like Hugh's Room in Toronto or the slightly more spacious Iron Horse Music Hall, which is where they will be for multiple shows on...
| Jan 12, 2012
| 6:35 AM
• Thursday: Stephen Haynes and Joe Morris present Improvisations IV, 7 p.m., $12-$15, Real Art Ways, Hartford; Zach Birdcall Yost, The Benedicks, Mandrake Mechanism and Details, Sully's, Hartford.
• Friday: An Indie Good Time ft. Departures,...
| Jan 18, 2012
| 11:25 AM
Decisions, decisions: According to a press release from the band, Daughtry performs April 27 at MGM Grand at Foxwoods, which is the same night that Nickelback plays XL Center in Hartford. No word on tickets, but Foxwoods says the show hasn’t...
| Dec 1, 2011
| 5:00 AM
• Thursday: Anthony Braxton Small Ensemble, 8 p.m. Wesleyan University, Middletown; David Wax Museum, $12.50-$15. 7 p.m. Iron Horse Music Hall, Northampton; Jimkata (Pictured), Sullys Pub, Hartford; Tim Reynolds & TR3, $18-$20. 9 p.m. Arch Street...
| Dec 5, 2011
| 11:39 AM
Recently, Duncan Sheik's life came close to unraveling. In June, on the day his latest album, Covers ’80s, was released, Sheik entered a treatment center for alcohol abuse. He wrote extensively about the experience on his website: "Duncan here,...
| Dec 8, 2011
| 10:00 AM
• Thursday: Keller Williams, $45-$60. 8 p.m. Infinity Music Hall & Bistro, Norfolk.
• Friday: Cosmic Dust Bunnies, Sullys Pub, Hartford.
• Saturday: CT Live and Local Presents The Reducers, Sidewalk Dave, The Manchurians, $5. 9 p.m....
| Dec 14, 2011
| 2:25 PM
• Thursday: Heather Maloney, $10-$13. 7 p.m. Iron Horse Music Hall, Northampton; Rocky Loves Emily, Move Out West, the Fates, the Runaround, Pilotside, $10-$12. 6 p.m. Webster Underground, Hartford.
• Friday: Chubby Checker, 8 p.m. Mohegan...
| Dec 19, 2011
| 12:35 PM
Former NRBQ guitarist and Nashville songwriter Al Anderson practically lives at the Iron Horse Music Hall this week, starting with two shows that reuinite him with his late-'60s buds the Wildweeds (Ray Zeiner, Al Lepak, Jr. and Andy Lepak) on Monday and...
| Jan 26, 2012
| 8:22 AM
You’ve seen Florence and the Machine perform on awards shows, on “Saturday Night Live,” Letterman and VH1 specials, now see the acclaimed English group in person May 11 at Mohegan Sun; tickets go on sale Friday, Jan. 27, at 10 a.m. for...
| Feb 20, 2012
| 9:04 AM
Northampton’s own Winterpills released their fifth and most ambitious album, All My Lovely Goners, earlier this month. (It's now streaming on their website.) Songwriter Philip Price spoke with the Advocate by phone about what the group wanted to...
| Mar 1, 2012
| 8:35 AM
1) Taj Mahal Trio, Thurs., 8 p.m., $65. Ridgefield Playhouse, 80 East Ridge St., Ridgefield, (203) 438-5795, ridgefieldplayhouse.org.
2) Start Making Sense: The Music of Talking Heads, Fri., 10 p.m., $12.50-$15. Iron Horse Music Hall, 20 Center St.,...