RSS feeds allow Web site content to be gathered via feed reader software. Click the subscribe link to obtain the feed URL for this page. The feed will update when new content appears on this page.

University of Connecticut

University of Connecticut
A collection of news and information related to University of Connecticut published by this site and its partners.

Top University of Connecticut Articles

Displaying items 23-33
  • Warming Sooner Solved By Science Than Politics

    Warming Sooner Solved By Science Than Politics
    In a diplomatic failure of global proportions, the average CO2 concentration in the earth's atmosphere climbed an extraordinary 2.9 parts per million to 396 ppm in 2013, which is faster than any year since 1984. This comes from the World Meteorological...
  • Change In TheaterWorks' Schedule; 'Spelling Bee' At CRT

    Change In TheaterWorks' Schedule; 'Spelling Bee' At CRT
    There's a change in the 2014-15 schedule for Hartford's TheaterWorks and it's hoping for a touchdown. Production artistic director Rob Ruggiero says that the early spring show (which follows this season's "Annapurna," "Christmas on the Rocks" and Mark...
  • Political Shifts Threaten Sane Energy Policy

    Political Shifts Threaten Sane Energy Policy
    With Republican Mitch McConnell the almost certain Senate majority leader, local representation from coal-rich Kentucky will send the nation back to the dark ages of energy policy. The forward progress made by the Environmental Protection Agency on...
  • Water-Rich Connecticut In Minor Drought

    Water-Rich Connecticut In Minor Drought
    Our lives are sprinkled with new years. Most popular is the calendar year. Most exciting is the school year. Most regular is the astronomical year. Most political is the fiscal year. Most invisible is the water year, which begins and ends on Oct. 1....
  • Let Go Of Plagiarism Charge Against Foley

    Let Go Of Plagiarism Charge Against Foley
    Plagiarism has reared its pernicious head in Connecticut's gubernatorial race. Last week, the campaign staff for Republican candidate Tom Foley posted a plan for improving Connecticut's cities. The opposing campaign quickly accused him of plagiarizing...
  • Going Electric is Easy for These Local Drivers

    Transportation in this country is dependent on oil for 93 percent of the miles we drive. The remaining 7 percent of the energy used for transportation comes from biofuels and natural gas, according to the U.S. Energy Information Administration. In a chart...
  • Aug. 26: UConn Football, Expect Big Year From Howard

    Aug. 26: UConn Football, Expect Big Year From Howard
    Jasper Howard is a talker. He talks to his mom in Florida twice a day. He talks to the wide receivers in drills, oh, twice a minute. He'll jump up from a set of post-practice push-ups to talk about the tattoos across his midsection dedicated to his...
  • Connecticut Must Retreat From The Shore

    Connecticut Must Retreat From The Shore
    Shore Up Connecticut is a policy mistake. A state loan program named Shore Back Connecticut would make more sense because retreat from the coast is the only viable long-term option. Recent developments in Antarctica have made this crystal clear. As I...
  • Gritty Spartans ensure NCAA won't have awkward UConn trophy moment

    Gritty Spartans ensure NCAA won't have awkward UConn trophy moment
    In their sodium-pentathol moments, NCAA suits had to crave this. A Michigan State upset of Connecticut in Saturday's Final Four semifinals would not only assure a championship-game madhouse at Ford Field, but also eliminate the chances of their most...
  • Can't separate ACC, Big East? Why care?

    Can't separate ACC, Big East? Why care?
    Perennial and pointless. Intriguing and infuriating. Comical and confusing. So goes this college basketball season's jousting over conference supremacy. ACC or Big East? Carolina or Connecticut? Hansbrough or Harangody? We stage this debate each...
  • UConn Students Land Dates On Jerry Springer's New Show

    UConn Students Land Dates On Jerry Springer's New Show
    University of Connecticut junior Brian Eilers didn't care that Annalise Lenihan usually goes home from a bar with someone other than the guy she came with. And Lenihan didn't care that one of Eilers' ex-girlfriends successfully sued him for $100,000....