Celebrity gardener Rebecca Kolls heads up the cast of speakers at the Maymont Flower & Garden Show Feb. 9-12 in downtown Richmond.
A master gardener, Rebecca has been digging in the garden most of her life. As a meterologist in Minneapolis, she cultivated a 4,000-square-foot garden on the roof of the station where she worked, making her famous for "roof-top gardening."
From there, she appeared on The Oprah Winfrey Show and then became a nationally syndicated TV gardener, contributing to ABC's Good Morning Show.
She's written the book "Rebecca's Garden: Four Seasons to Grow On" and now publishes her own magazine, Seasons by Rebecca.
Other Maymont speakers include:
- Orchid expert Arthur Chadwick.
- Monticello curator of plants Peggy Cornett
- Colonial Williamsburg gardener Wesley Greene.
- Monticello director of gardens and grounds Peter Hatch.
- Bonsai expert Randi Heise.
- Butterfly specialist Linda Marchman.
- Perennial grower Sand McDougle.
- Mt. Vernon gardener Dean Norton.
- Daylily expert Mark Viette.
- ... and many, many more ...
In addition to speakers, the show features landscape displays and vendors selling the latest in gardening and home products.
Get the full schedule of activities and tickets for two-for-one admission online only:
Posted by Kathy Van Mullekom; firstname.lastname@example.org