RSS feeds allow Web site content to be gathered via feed reader software. Click the subscribe link to obtain the feed URL for this page. The feed will update when new content appears on this page.

Fires

A collection of news and information related to Fires published by this site and its partners.

Top Fires Articles

Displaying items 34-44
  • Hampton: Accidental cooking fire leaves none injured

    Hampton fire units responded to a residential fire caused by unattended cooking at 7:02 a.m. No one was injured in the home, which is located in the 3300 block of Pershing Court according to a media release by Jeffrey Pereria, a Hampton public information...
  • In an emergency, could you help? Community volunteers get disaster-aid training

    In an emergency, could you help? Community volunteers get disaster-aid training
    Lifeguard Capt. Mike Halphide squirted shaving cream onto the gloved hands of about 10 volunteers. Halphide was leading the group from Newport Beach's Jasmine Creek neighborhood in a first-aid drill Saturday morning. In this exercise, they practiced...
  • 10 displaced in Eastport apartment fire

    10 displaced in Eastport apartment fire
    An Eastport apartment fire displaced 10 people and sent another to the hospital early Saturday morning. The Annapolis Fire Department rescued three people from the balcony of a third-story apartment at the 1200 block of Madison Street about 2:48 a.m.,...
  • 6 die in western Pennsylvania house fire

    6 die in western Pennsylvania house fire
    Four children and two adults died Saturday in an early morning house fire in McKeesport. Alvin Henderson, chief with the Allegheny County Department of Emergency services, confirmed the deaths, adding that a third adult escaped and was taken to an...
  • 2 women found dead after Northwest Side blaze

    2 women found dead after Northwest Side blaze
    Two women were found dead after a fire broke out in the basement of a two-flat building in the Belmont Gardens neighborhood Thursday night, authorities said. The fire started about 11:10 p.m. in the 4500 block of the West Parker Avenue on the...
  • Virginia Man Who Admitted To Burning Haddam Home Was Former State Trooper

    Virginia Man Who Admitted To Burning Haddam Home Was Former State Trooper
    HADDAM — A Virginia man admitted to setting a fire Thursday that destroyed a house and a barn on Candlewood Hill Road served briefly as a state police trooper in the 1980s, officials said. Ronald Carlson, 50, of Portsmouth, Va., presented himself...
  • Woman, 72, injured in extra-alarm fire in Grand Crossing

    Woman, 72, injured in extra-alarm fire in Grand Crossing
    A 72-year-old woman was injured in an extra-alarm fire in the Grand Crossing neighborhood Thursday morning.  The fire broke out about 5:24 a.m. in the 7600 block of South Ingleside Avenue, said Police News Affairs Officer Ana Pacheco.  The fire was...
  • Trailer fire spreads to Costa Mesa home

    About 30 firefighters doused a blaze that broke out in a trailer Tuesday and spread to a nearby home in the 2600 block of Newport Boulevard in Costa Mesa. The flames started in the 30-foot travel trailer around 2:30 p.m., sending a column of smoke...
  • Miramar auto repair shop, cars damaged in fire

    Miramar auto repair shop, cars damaged in fire
    An auto repair shop caught fire early Wednesday, damaging several customers' cars and charring the building. The fire occurred about 2:30 a.m. at the A1 Auto Care Center in the 2300 block of State Road 7, Miramar Fire-Rescue Lt. Jose Gregorisch said....
  • 1-year-old and teen among 3 rescued from extra-alarm fire

    1-year-old and teen among 3 rescued from extra-alarm fire
    A 1-year-old child and an 18-year-old man were taken to a hospital after they were among three people rescued from an extra-alarm fire in the Back of the Yards neighborhood Wednesday afternoon. The fire started about 3:20 p.m. in two residential...
  • Small fire in Loop club extinguished

    Small fire in Loop club extinguished
    A fire that started on the second floor of the University Club in the Loop is out, officials said. The blaze began about 10:10 a.m. in a meeting room on the second story of 76 E. Monroe St., said police and fire officials. “It’s nothing...