RSS feeds allow Web site content to be gathered via feed reader software. Click the subscribe link to obtain the feed URL for this page. The feed will update when new content appears on this page.

Fires

A collection of news and information related to Fires published by this site and its partners.

Top Fires Articles

Displaying items 12-22
  • Fort Lauderdale house fire displaces two

    Fort Lauderdale house fire displaces two
    Two Fort Lauderdale residents were displaced Monday after their house was damaged in a fire. Fort Lauderdale Fire Rescue responded around 10:30 a.m. to multiple calls regarding heavy smoke coming from a house in the 2100 block of Northeast 64th Street,...
  • Two people suffer minor injuries in apartment fire

    Glendale firefighters on Saturday morning knocked down a small apartment fire that caused an estimated $25,000 in damage, authorities said. Firefighters responded to the 600 block of North Howard Street just before 11 a.m., where, after seeing smoke...
  • As Hartford Building Burns, Focus Becomes Rescuing Young Girl

     As Hartford Building Burns, Focus Becomes Rescuing Young Girl
    HARTFORD — When Hamilton Street resident Jose Hernandez smelled smoke and realized his building was burning Friday night, he ran out in his bare feet, but then realized he had to go back for his 8-year-old neighbor. As he stood outside the badly...
  • One injured in Suffolk house fire

    One person was injured and displaced after a home in Suffolk caught fire Saturday afternoon. Firefighters responded to the fire on the 1400 block of Sierra Drive just before 2 p.m. Saturday, according to Suffolk spokesman Tim Kelley. Fire crews...
  • Man leaps from burning West Side hotel

    Man leaps from burning West Side hotel
    A man jumped from a third-story window during an extra-alarm fire Saturday morning on the West Side. He was taken to Mount Sinai Hospital, where his condition had stabilized, said Chicago Fire Department spokesman Larry Langford. Three other people...
  • Family Escapes Manchester House Fire

    Family Escapes Manchester House Fire
    MANCHESTER — Two adults and two young children escaped uninjured from a fire that damaged their two-story house on Porter Street Friday night. The fire was accidental, igniting after the owner of the house placed ashes from a wood stove close to...
  • Fort Lauderdale house fire displaces 2 adults, 11 children

    Fort Lauderdale house fire displaces 2 adults, 11 children
    Two adults and 11 children were displaced after their house was heavily damaged in a fire Friday afternoon, Fort Lauderdale Fire Rescue Deputy Fire Chief Timothy Heiser said. Firefighters arrived at the house in the 600 block of West Campus Circle...
  • Two hurt in fire that causes 'major damage' to Margate house

    Two people required hospital treatment following a fire in a Margate home, fire officials said. "They were both transported with minor injuries, including minor burns and smoke inhalation," said Fire Rescue Division Chief Dan Booker. The man and woman...
  • Baltimore firefighter died of smoke inhalation, medical examiner's office says

    Baltimore firefighter died of smoke inhalation, medical examiner's office says
    Baltimore fire safety officer Lt. James Bethea died of smoke inhalation after falling through a floor at a vacant rowhouse, where he remained for hours before an off-duty firefighter happened to see his car outside and called for help. Fire Chief...
  • Fire Heavily Damages Canton Home

    Fire Heavily Damages Canton Home
    CANTON — Fire heavily damaged an unoccupied home at 11 Silvermine Acres early Thursday. Homeowner Joe Roca had left just hours earlier after doing some repair work on the house that he and his wife bought in September. Their plan was to move in...
  • New Haven Firefighters Battle Fire In Vacant House

    New Haven Firefighters Battle Fire In Vacant House
    NEW HAVEN — Firefighters have extinguished a fire in a vacant house on Lafayette Street near Church Street South. The fire was reported about 4:30 a.m. There was fire on all floors when firefighters arrived. The fire was declared under control...