RSS feeds allow Web site content to be gathered via feed reader software. Click the subscribe link to obtain the feed URL for this page. The feed will update when new content appears on this page.

Fires

A collection of news and information related to Fires published by this site and its partners.

Top Fires Articles

Displaying items 100-110
  • Batavia fire injures firefighter, displaces family

    Batavia fire injures firefighter, displaces family
    Improperly discarded smoking materials are most likely the cause of an apartment building fire Monday that injured a firefighter and displaced a family, Batavia officials said. "Right now we're pretty confident it was smoking materials left on the third...
  • Woman, 60, rescued from burning home in Gresham

    Woman, 60, rescued from burning home in Gresham
    A 60-year-old woman was hospitalized early Tuesday after she was rescued from a fire on the South Side. Firefighters responded to the fire at a two-story frame house in the 8100 block of South Vincennes Avenue in the Gresham neighborhood around 4:15 a....
  • Resident, dog evacuate safely in Hampton house fire

    Resident, dog evacuate safely in Hampton house fire
    A resident and a dog got out safely Tuesday morning after the kitchen in a Hampton home caught on fire, an official said. Crews were called to the home in the first block of Lehman Court at about 11:45 a.m., Hampton Fire & Rescue Battalion Chief Wendall...
  • Woman dies in early morning fire in Frankford

    Woman dies in early morning fire in Frankford
    A woman died after a house caught fire in the Frankford neighborhood in northeast Baltimore early Tuesday morning, fire officials said. Firefighters were called to a single family home in the 4400 block of Furley Ave., east of Belair Road, at 4:57 a.m....
  • Fire in tractor damages Suffolk cotton field, farm equipment

    Fire in tractor damages Suffolk cotton field, farm equipment
    A combine tractor caught fire in a Suffolk cotton field Sunday afternoon, according to a statement from the city. Around 3:35 p.m., Suffolk Fire and Rescue and Holland Volunteer Fire Department crews responded to the fire on the 1200 block of Longstreet...
  • Fire house getting an upgrade thanks to volunteers

    Jewett City's 50-yer-old fire hall is getting a makeover, thanks to the elbow grease of both fire department members and volunteers from the community. The basement hall has been stripped of its former dark wainscoting and reconfigured to better serve the...
  • Firefighters from three counties alerted to kitchen blaze

    Firefighters from three neighboring counties were summoned to an early morning kitchen fire at a North Laurel residence on Saturday, but the blaze was extinguished before the units arrived, Howard County fire and rescue officials said. At...
  • 3 Displaced After Manchester Fire

    3 Displaced After Manchester Fire
    MANCHESTER — A woman and her two daughters were displaced after a fire tore through a two-family home on Laurel Street Friday night. Firefighters were dispatched to 75-77 Laurel St. at 10:50 p.m. The fire was under control by 11:20 p.m.,...
  • One displaced by Norfolk apartment fire

    One person was displaced after an apartment fire in Norfolk Saturday afternoon.  Dispatchers got the call about a fire on at an apartment on the 200 block of 34th Street in Norfolk around 2:10 p.m., according to Battalion chief Julian Williamson with...
  • Child seriously burned in Riviera Beach apartment fire

    A second-floor apartment caught fire in Riviera Beach, seriously burning a 7-year-old boy who was pulled to safety by his father.   The fire happened about 11:45 p.m. Wednesday at an apartment building in the 300 block of Blue Heron Boulevard. The boy's...
  • Small Fire Quickly Extinguished At Hartford Nursing Home

    Small Fire Quickly Extinguished At Hartford Nursing Home
    HARTFORD — A small fire broke out in the laundry room at Park Place Health Center on Greenwood Street Thursday night, fire officials said. The facility was the site of a fatal arson in 2003. The small fire was quickly extinguished by firefighters,...