Nine people were displaced by an apartment building fire that started when food was left on a stove, fire officials said. No one was injured.
The fire in the six-unit building at 250 Kensington Ave. was reported about 9 p.m. Seven people were in the two-story building at the time and were able to get out on their own, Chief Ken Morgan said.
One first-floor apartment — where the fire started — sustained substantial damage, he said. The second floor had mostly heat and smoke damage.
The American Red Cross helped the residents find temporary housing.
Fire Marshal Steve Trella said the fire started on an unattended stove. He said people should stay in the...