The following items were taken from Arlington Heights and Buffalo Grove police records.
• Police reported thefts March 2 at the Panera Bread, 5 W. Rand Road, and Portillo's, 806 W. Dundee Road. Unknown offenders reportedly removed a wallet containing several credit and debit cards from an open purse hanging over the back of a chair at Panera between noon and 1:07 p.m. According to reports, police believe the offenders sat directly behind the victim but had no food or beverages with them and left three minutes later. Thieves are believed to have used the credit cards for one $30 transaction at a Palatine Wal-Mart and attempted four transactions for more than $11,000 at area Targets. In another incident, offenders reportedly removed a black wallet containing credit and debit cards from an open purse on the back of a chair at Portillo's between 1:30 p.m. and 2:17 p.m. Police say they believe the offenders distracted the victim and her family by pulling on the back of their seats and demanding to use them. According to reports, the suspects suddenly stopped talking and left the building. The credit cards were reportedly unsuccessfully used in $5,000 of would-be transactions at a Palatine Target.
• A 29-year-old Mount Prospect man was arrested March 3 and charged with felony retail theft after he reportedly stole $233 worth of Dulcolax from Walgreens, 3 E. Golf Road, and $794 worth of Dulcolax, Claritin and Mucinex from Walgreens, 1000 E. Northwest Highway, by putting the items under his shirt and leaving without paying. Mount Prospect police made the arrest, and not all the property was recovered.
• Three cars in the parking lot of XSport Fitness, 320 E. Golf Road, were reported burglarized last week. The rear driver's side window on a gray 2006 Cadillac CTS was reported shattered between 6:30 a.m. and 7:15 a.m. Feb. 28, and a purse valued at $30, a matching wallet valued at $200 containing credit and debit cards, gift cards and a checkbook, along with a cell phone valued at $200, were reported stolen. The window damage was estimated at $250. The purse was later found next to a dumpster at the Shell station at Arlington Heights and Algonquin roads. The cell phone and some of the credit cards were reported missing. In the second incident, the rear driver's side window of a silver 2011 Mazda CS9 was reported shattered between 7:15 a.m. and 8 a.m. March 1. A black purse containing a cell phone valued at $100, plus credit and debit cards, was reported stolen from under the front seat. The credit cards were later reportedly used at a Citgo station in Des Plaines. In the third incident, the passenger side window on a silver 2012 Hyundai Elantra was shattered between 7:15 a.m. and 7:40 a.m. March 2. A black purse valued at $150 containing $700 in cash, checks, credit and debit cards, along with a Canon camera valued at $300, were reported stolen from the rear passenger floor.
• Police report an unknown offender removed 15 mortar board stands made of tube steel valued at $630 between 3:30 p.m. Feb. 14 and 7 a.m. Feb. 26 from an secured construction site in the 1100 block of West Dundee Road.
• While patrolling an apartment parking lot in the 2600 block of North Windsor Drive, police found a gold 2000 Cadillac Deville with a door slightly ajar, but the owner was unavailable to determine if anything was missing. Another resident of the complex approached police to report her purse, containing a wallet valued at $150, credit and debit cards, was stolen from her blue 2009 Dodge Journey in the same parking lot between 11 p.m. Feb. 25 and 8:30 a.m. Feb. 26.
• A 25-year-old Mount Prospect man was arrested Feb. 28 and charged with felony vehicle burglary after a witness saw him allegedly throw a landscaping stone through the passenger side front window of a 2010 Infiniti QX56 parked in the 1300 block of East Central Road. Police reported that he reached in to take a white iPhone 5 and other small items when the witness yelled at him to stop and he ran away. Police apprehended him a half-block away.
• An unknown object was used to shatter the rear sliding glass door of a home in the 1600 block of South Surrey Ridge Drive between 6:10 p.m. and 6:25 p.m. Feb. 25. Nothing was reported moved or stolen, and there was no estimate on damage.
• The passenger-side rear door window of a white 2012 Jeep Patriot parked along the street in the 3100 block of North Wilshire Lane was reported smashed between 6 p.m. Feb. 24 and 6 a.m. Feb. 25. Damage is estimated at $250.
• Three 6-foot-by-6-foot windows were reported shattered between midnight and 6 a.m. March 4 at an office building in the 1300 block of Northwest Highway. Two front windows were at the Wheeling Township Democratic Party office and another at a nearby business. Damage is estimated at $1,500.
• A 30-year-old Des Plaines man was arrested at 12:30 a.m. March 2 and charged with felony aggravated fleeing and eluding police after he reportedly made a U-turn on Golf Road in front of an officer and ran three red lights before reaching eastbound Interstate 90. Police suspended their pursuit since the offender was endangering other drivers and later located the vehicle at the offender's residence. The offender reportedly returned a telephone message from police March 3 and was arrested and charged.
• A 50-year-old Lake Zurich woman was arrested at 6:04 p.m. Feb. 24 and charged with driving under the influence of alcohol after failing to yield while turning left on Buffalo Grove Road near Old Oak Road.
• A 22-year-old Tower Lakes man was arrested at 1:43 a.m. Feb. 28 and charged with driving under the influence of alcohol, driving with a blood-alcohol content above .08 and disobeying a traffic-control device at Dundee Road and Arlington Heights Road.