Last Tuesday I reported that it was Fat Tuesday, Paczki Day and IHOP Free Pancake Day. Well, I was right about one of those things. I'm frankly kind of hurt that none of you emailed the Frugalista to let me know that I was one week early.
But to show that the Frugalista doesn't bear a grudge, I'm gonna laissez les bon temps rouler and make this the most freebie-filled Fat Tuesday afternoon in Mardi Gras history:
- Free drink or candy at CVS. Print the coupon from the CVS Facebook page. Mashup Mom reports that it takes off $2 so you may get overage for this.
- Photoworks is shutting down, but if you are a customer there and transfer your photos to Shutterfly, you'll get a $30 Shutterfly credit. Bargain Briana explains how.
- Free sweets at Starbucks starting tomorrow. Can't remember where I first saw this, but Starbucks will give you a free "Petites Dessert" when you buy a drink, starting Thursday at 2 p.m. and running through March 12.
- One of my favorite blogs, Money Saving Mom, is listing a ton of freebies today: free kids' protective face balm, free small plate meal at Pei Wei, free Golden Treasure Shrimp at Panda Express tomorrow only and free floss picks. Oh, and free PediaCare medicines at Walgreens. Les bons temps, they are rolling!
And, here are some deals that are not free but are sweet as a Paczki:
- There's a Woot Off today. That means the deal-a-day site Woot.com is selling one item after another all day long, instead of just selling one thing until it runs out. You can usually buy up to three of the item on offer for a flat shipping fee of $5. We bought our flat-screen TV on this Web site.
- Chicago Public radio station WBEZ is offering discounted membership through Groupon, which is kind of weird because it is actually just a donation. It basically gets you a Member Card, which is good for two-for-one discounts around town, at a lower donation than normal. I thought about making my gift this way, but then I realized I'd probably not be able to claim my tax deduction, so, maybe not.
- Apparently the Today Show now has a daily deal segment, and you can buy the featured deals at Today.com Steals and Deals.
- Half off at Suckers Candy in Roscoe Village on Family Finds.
- 71 percent off bowling at 10pin on YouSwoop.